ACC Football 2019 Schedule

Deleted member 2897

Whats the over/under on excessive Bye weeks before us? In CPJs 11 years, our ACC opponents got 22 Bye weeks before us?

Personally, I'm anticipating the unicorn - we get 1, and our opponents only get 1. We will see...

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Whats the over/under on excessive Bye weeks before us? In CPJs 11 years, our ACC opponents got 22 Bye weeks before us?

Personally, I'm anticipating the unicorn - we get 1, and our opponents only get 1. We will see...

It took a while but there's finally been a rule put in place. No team in the conference will have more than 1 conference opponent who has a by week before their game.

I think this gets canceled out if both teams have a by week at the same time.

For example: we could have a by week and VT have a by week and then we play, but then our next game play Duke who had a by week while we were playing VT. In this case we still only played 1 opponent who had extra time off against us.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Will we still get screwed with CPJ gone now??
Will Duke have a bye week before us??
Will Miami continue to underachieve?
Will we get 10 noon kickoff games??

Duke probably won't make their single scheduling request to have a by before the GT game now that Cutcliffe isn't playing the option.

Miami will continue to suck.

We will continue to mostly play noon games and shouldn't be surprised by this. We have zero control over game times, EXCEPT by winning. Win more games more consistently and the more often we will have 3:30 or later kicks.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
The way the calendar year works out this year, there is an extra week of the season meaning everyone should get 2 BYE weeks. Considering our first game is a Thursday night matchup, we should have 3 Saturdays off between August 28th (@Clemson) and November 30 (Georgia).

Ideally, our schedule looks something like this (I believe the first 4 games are already set dates)

8/28 (Thurs) @ Clemson
9/7 Home vs USF
9/14 Home vs Citadel
9/21 @ Temple
9/28 BYE
10/5 @ Miami
10/12 Home vs Pitt
10/19 Home vs NC State (Homecoming)
10/26 @ UVA
11/2 Home vs UNC
11/9 BYE
11/16 @ Duke
11/23 Home vs VT
11/30 Home vs uga

With this schedule, you get a break after the first 4 games, then a tough game at Miami followed by 4 very winnable games heading into the next BYE week. Rest up for one more road trip before finishing strong at home.

Deleted member 2897

It took a while but there's finally been a rule put in place. No team in the conference will have more than 1 conference opponent who has a by week before their game.

I think this gets canceled out if both teams have a by week at the same time.

For example: we could have a by week and VT have a by week and then we play, but then our next game play Duke who had a by week while we were playing VT. In this case we still only played 1 opponent who had extra time off against us.

Last year we got our 1 Bye week. Before Virginia Tech. Both Virginia Tech and Duke had a Bye week before us. We had some years where THREE teams had Bye weeks before playing us.

They didn’t fix or stop the problem - they just put a ceiling on how much they could screw us...and they’re still maxing it out.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year we got our 1 Bye week. Before Virginia Tech. Both Virginia Tech and Duke had a Bye week before us. We had some years where THREE teams had Bye weeks before playing us.

They didn’t fix or stop the problem - they just put a ceiling on how much they could screw us...and they’re still maxing it out.
Lol ok, but everyone else is getting the same kind of screwed. If Duke/UNC are the only teams who get no by's scheduled before them then I'll possibly buy into your theory.

Deleted member 2897

Lol ok, but everyone else is getting the same kind of screwed. If Duke/UNC are the only teams who get no by's scheduled before them then I'll possibly buy into your theory.

Huh? That’s false. 2 years ago for example, Clemson didn’t have a single ACC opponent who had a week off before playing them. We had three. Everybody else is NOT getting the same fairness in scheduling.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Huh? That’s false. 2 years ago for example, Clemson didn’t have a single ACC opponent who had a week off before playing them. We had three. Everybody else is NOT getting the same fairness in scheduling.
The rule didn't go into place until last year. Yes, I agree in the past we specifically got screwed on this issue. However, as of last year, it's pretty dang even for everyone. You seem to have a complex about this.

Deleted member 2897

The rule didn't go into place until last year. Yes, I agree in the past we specifically got screwed on this issue. However, as of last year, it's pretty dang even for everyone. You seem to have a complex about this.

I’m just giving you the facts. What you said is what I just said - they didn’t stop or fix the problem, they just put a ceiling on how bad it could be. So last year we got less screwed.

And it matters because it hugely negatively impacted our win/loss record. It cost us 1 extra win and 1 extra loss per year on average. That’s huge. And something the rest of the conference didn’t have to deal with.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’m just giving you the facts. What you said is what I just said - they didn’t stop or fix the problem, they just put a ceiling on how bad it could be. So last year we got less screwed.

And it matters because it hugely negatively impacted our win/loss record. It cost us 1 extra win and 1 extra loss per year on average. That’s huge. And something the rest of the conference didn’t have to deal with.
Let’s get miami late in the year... it’s hot down there
With our conditioning team I think we will be fine.
They have new staff and so do we.
Let's get them early CAUSE ITS HOT UP HERE TO AT BDS.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The way the calendar year works out this year, there is an extra week of the season meaning everyone should get 2 BYE weeks. Considering our first game is a Thursday night matchup, we should have 3 Saturdays off between August 28th (@Clemson) and November 30 (Georgia).

Ideally, our schedule looks something like this (I believe the first 4 games are already set dates)

8/28 (Thurs) @ Clemson
9/7 Home vs USF
9/14 Home vs Citadel
9/21 TBD or BYE
9/28 @ Temple
10/5 @ Miami
10/12 Home vs Pitt
10/19 Home vs NC State (Homecoming)
10/26 @ UVA
11/2 Home vs UNC
11/9 BYE
11/16 @ Duke
11/23 Home vs VT
11/30 Home vs uga

With this schedule, you get a break after the first 4 games, then a tough game at Miami followed by 4 very winnable games heading into the next BYE week. Rest up for one more road trip before finishing strong at home.
FIFY (Bold). Non-conf dates already published.

https://fbschedules.com/georgia-tech-football-schedule/