ACC Football 2019 Schedule

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Oh come on guys we are Tech we can find some reason to hate this schedule. Now look again and find a reason to hate it.

They usually make it a whole lot easier to do. Will actually take some effort to even nitpick this year.

Who does Puke have scheduled that would have been slotted in before our game with them? Surely they will still face one option team again this year.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
@Clemson - L we won’t lay down but they’re too much
Citadel - W
USF - W
@Temple - W pull away late and win by 10
UNC - W
@Duke - W Close win. Losing Jones and Giles is huge
@Miami - L toss up but since it’s away I gotta go L. They’re as big of a ? As we are tho
Pitt - W
@Uva -L Perkins is tough and Bronco has them playing some football
VT - W tough game but we pull it out
NCST - W quick turnaround but BDS on a Thursday should be electric heading into COFH
Uga - L unfortunately L but CGC will have them ready and I see a change in the rivalry coming soon.
8-4/5-3 ACC hell of a year for GC

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
@Clemson - L we won’t lay down but they’re too much
Citadel - W
USF - W
@Temple - W pull away late and win by 10
UNC - W
@Duke - W Close win. Losing Jones and Giles is huge
@Miami - L toss up but since it’s away I gotta go L. They’re as big of a ? As we are tho
Pitt - W
@Uva -L Perkins is tough and Bronco has them playing some football
VT - W tough game but we pull it out
NCST - W quick turnaround but BDS on a Thursday should be electric heading into COFH
Uga - L unfortunately L but CGC will have them ready and I see a change in the rivalry coming soon.
8-4/5-3 ACC hell of a year for GC
That's pretty much how I see it.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
@Clemson L Clemson too good for most teams in College Football
USF W
The Citadel W
@Temple W
North Carolina W
@Duke W
@Miami L Miami is a tough place to win
Pitt W
@Virginia L Virginia will be charged up for this game and so will their fans
Virginia Tech W
NCSU W
Georgia L Georgia is going to be a very tough team to upset

8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC in 2019

Great first season at Georgia Tech for Geoff Collins and his coaching staff.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to tell what our record will be.
I'll give new staff time so my expectations are not that high. Would love to upset one team and make bowl year one

Regardless of who is the coach seasons come down to injuries, bad breaks vs vs good breaks, and match ups.

3-5 wins (expectations)
6-7 wins (pleasently surprised)
8-9 wins (happy as a clam)
10-12 Wins ( someone bail me out of jail)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hard to predict a record any year. Nearly impossible to guess which games will be wins and which will be losses. I could very possibly guess the correct win loss and be entirely wrong on which games ended up being a L or W.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It is a pretty good schedule overall.

A negative for the fans is that for almost a month there won't be any home games.(2 away and a buy)
I don't really like teams to play Thursday night games after playing on Saturday.(Seems that with the extra buy week this year they could have tried to schedule a buy before all of the Thursday games.)
Virginia gets one extra day of rest before the GT game.(However if it is an early 12:00 game it isn't much)

Overall it seems like a pretty fair schedule with regards to GT.

One more good thing about the schedule is that we get 2 extra days rest/prep. time before the Ugag game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Hard to predict a record any year. Nearly impossible to guess which games will be wins and which will be losses. I could very possibly guess the correct win loss and be entirely wrong on which games ended up being a L or W.

That's always hard to predict. Way too many variables in between now and game time to make an informed prediction.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If we can somehow shock the world and upset Clemson this year...we should go 6-0 to start. The hype would then be off the charts. It’s a big do though...That Clemson QB gives me heartburn this offseason.
If we can surprise w some unexpected game day coaching and great play we will get respect. Then we win 3 then drop 1 and go on a streak and everyone is ....

Deleted member 2897

Hard to tell what our record will be.
I'll give new staff time so my expectations are not that high. Would love to upset one team and make bowl year one

Regardless of who is the coach seasons come down to injuries, bad breaks vs vs good breaks, and match ups.

3-5 wins (expectations)
6-7 wins (pleasently surprised)
8-9 wins (happy as a clam)
10-12 Wins ( someone bail me out of jail)

We’ve only had 1 season below 0.500 in ACC play in the last 25 years. That’s across like 4 coaches, 6 defensive coaches, and a ton of different schemes. What makes you think we’ll suddenly have our worst season in 25 years?

Deleted member 2897

Ok now that is unfair lol. I thought Tech got it bad!

We’ve had multiple years where 3 ACC teams had Bye weeks before us. Also, they’re listing an open date for Louisville the Saturday before, when it’s the first game of the season. That’s stupid. So it’s basically the same thing we’ve had.

Deleted member 2897

We’ve had multiple years where 3 ACC teams had Bye weeks before us. Also, they’re listing an open date for Louisville the Saturday before, when it’s the first game of the season. That’s stupid. So it’s basically the same thing we’ve had.

Also, Notre Dame gets a Bye Week before Virginia Tech, so there is a hefty bit of crybaby going on with that post. None of their ACC opponents had more than 7 wins in the regular season last year. It’s not like they’re facing Clemson, Syracuse, NC State, etc off a Bye week. They’re worried about Louisville, Boston College, and Duke? LOL