ACC Football 2019 Schedule

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Guess we'll see how many teams get a bye before playing us!
1, according to league rules. Well.... 2 but I don’t care then if we have a bye as well. It does kinda screw us over from not having a real bye in that case though.

Everyone keep in mind, we will have 2 bye weeks, so one of the bye weeks the other team we play will probably have one that same week, every team will get this as well.

Animal02

Banned
1, according to league rules. Well.... 2 but I don’t care then if we have a bye as well. It does kinda screw us over from not having a real bye in that case though.

Everyone keep in mind, we will have 2 bye weeks, so one of the bye weeks the other team we play will probably have one that same week, every team will get this as well.
Or split the difference with a another Thursday or Friday night game

crut

Helluva Engineer
HGHRtlI

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I like this schedule. 3 games and a bye, then 4 games and a bye, and then after that we end the year with 4 out of 5 home games. We also get a couple of extra days to prepare for ugag.

Edit: Also in addition to no teams getting a bye before us, everyone has to play a legitimate game before us. Does the ACC finally like us?!?!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It is a pretty good schedule overall.

A negative for the fans is that for almost a month there won't be any home games.(2 away and a buy)
I don't really like teams to play Thursday night games after playing on Saturday.(Seems that with the extra buy week this year they could have tried to schedule a buy before all of the Thursday games.)
Virginia gets one extra day of rest before the GT game.(However if it is an early 12:00 game it isn't much)

Overall it seems like a pretty fair schedule with regards to GT.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It is a pretty good schedule overall.

A negative for the fans is that for almost a month there won't be any home games.(2 away and a buy)
I don't really like teams to play Thursday night games after playing on Saturday.(Seems that with the extra buy week this year they could have tried to schedule a buy before all of the Thursday games.)
Virginia gets one extra day of rest before the GT game.(However if it is an early 12:00 game it isn't much)

Overall it seems like a pretty fair schedule with regards to GT.
It's actually Miami who gets the extra day to prepare.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Wow look at that. New HC and not a single ACC team has a bye week before playing us.
Since we will be playing an O that everyone else in the entire college football universe does (yawn), there isn't any reason to listen to programs asking for bye dates before playing Tech. We'll see if that's a plus or a minus directly.

Btw, I think the schedule is ok this time and I like the 7 home games. Seems like old times. This is also a schedule that we can get a winning season out of with a little luck and effort. I hope we do since the 2020 schedule will be a prolonged visit to football Hell.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Opponents and their week before:

@Clemson- Season Opener
@Duke- hosts Pitt
@Miami- hosts UVA (friday 1 extra day of prep- also of note: we are the last game of a 5 game homestand for them)
@UVA- hosts UNC
UNC- hosts Clemson
NC State- hosts Louisville (both of us on 5 days rest)
Pitt- hosts Miami (we have a bye week before)
VT- Hosts Wake Forest

So all the teams will face another ACC team before us, no cupcake or bye weeks this time. However, 7/8 are at home the week before they play us (included Clemson). Only Miami gets extra rest against us (1 day).

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Is this the thread where we complain about the schedule?
We have two Thursday night games! boo, hiss
How's that for complaining?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I’m kinda bummed that there will only be one home game in October (10/05 against {u}NC). October tends to provide the best weather for tailgating and football, regardless of kickoff time.

Deleted member 2897

We get a bye before Pitt, but they don't.

Nobody gets a bye before us.

What a change. This is what its like for the rest of the conference for the last decade, and the advantageous scheduling they've had. Its nice to finally get 1 our way.

Don't get me wrong, its still stupid. Why does Pitt not get Bye when we do? They should be able to balance these things.