ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It was a slow ACC basketball night, but I decided to watch the NC State-Clemson game. It was an ugly game. Clemson turned the ball over 17 times and Gabe DeVoe missed a FT with 0.2 on the clock that would have tied the score and forced OT. That and Omar Yurtseven had a career night. They have beaten Duke and Clemson in a row after losing to ND by 30. Now they play UVA on Sunday. I do not think they will win, but who would have picked them to win even one of those three games?

I said in yesterdays post as a betting man I would stay away from this game. NC State is now 11-1 at home this year with the only loss being against UNCG, which was their first game without Johnson.

The middle of this conference is going to be a complete **** show this year

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Comparing NCSU hoops to UGA football is comical. NCSU has not had a top 5 recruiting class since David Thompson came to town. UGA is top 3 every year for last 20 years. UGA just played for the natty (and lost to another of my least favorite teams) and has been top 10 nationally pretty much every year. NCSU hasn't been relevant in hoops since Valvano got run out of town

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Comparing NCSU hoops to UGA football is comical. NCSU has not had a top 5 recruiting class since David Thompson came to town. UGA is top 3 every year for last 20 years. UGA just played for the natty (and lost to another of my least favorite teams) and has been top 10 nationally pretty much every year. NCSU hasn't been relevant in hoops since Valvano got run out of town

Not comical at all. NCSt has had a lot of hoops talent over the years.

We had the #5 nationally ranked recruiting class in 2016 and have had a Top 15 class three times since 2012.

Who left the gate op'n? A wolf got in the yard. :LOL:

Welcome.

msargent1

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't know where to ask this question, so I'm putting it here. A couple of times I've heard Pastner talk about attacking a big man's thighs and knees, and he did that tonight in reference to JO's play. He called it a "crackback". Is he talking about physically hitting/bumping an opposing player's legs? I've never heard this before in basketball.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Any coach that doesn't play zone against Miami the rest of this year should be shot at sunrise

Without a last meal. Miami absolutely sucks when they see a zone defense.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
BC smacked Fsu pretty good. More than final score would indicate

I am less afraid of much of the ACC. I fear the alarm waking me up.

4 games in and we haven't lost to a team we haven't beat.

Sweeping the ACC from here on. HHHHEEEeeeyyyy Kooooolllllaide.