ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
ACC/B1G Challenge starts tonight

Virginia favored by 8.5 over Wisconsin

Syracuse favored by 3 over Maryland

Both ACC schools are at home

Syracuse being favored by 3 is Vegas setting a beartrap. I think the Terps are going to get that win on the road. Cowan has played very well so far and Battle is hampered.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Syracuse being favored by 3 is Vegas setting a beartrap. I think the Terps are going to get that win on the road. Cowan has played very well so far and Battle is hampered.
the 2 things that worry me for Maryland is their high number of turnovers and they can be a team that just decides to start jacking up 3s wen they aren't particularly good at it. Both were huge problems for them at times last year leading to huge scoring droughts. According to my Maryland fan relatives, they struggle with turnovers against zone teams (20 turnovers against St. Bonaventure a few days ago), so they are definitely worried about the Syracuse zone.

Bruno Fernando has been really good for them this year though as well. Justin Jackson needs to stop trying to be the hero and give up taking those bad 3 point looks. Knowing Maryland, the game will probably come down to the last bucket. They have like a million games decided by 1 possession since Turgeon took over, but they are definitely good at coming out on top in them. Syracuse opened as just a 1 point fav but people are throwing their money at Cuse.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
the 2 things that worry me for Maryland is their high number of turnovers and they can be a team that just decides to start jacking up 3s wen they aren't particularly good at it. Both were huge problems for them at times last year leading to huge scoring droughts. According to my Maryland fan relatives, they struggle with turnovers against zone teams (20 turnovers against St. Bonaventure a few days ago), so they are definitely worried about the Syracuse zone.

Bruno Fernando has been really good for them this year though as well. Justin Jackson needs to stop trying to be the hero and give up taking those bad 3 point looks. Knowing Maryland, the game will probably come down to the last bucket. They have like a million games decided by 1 possession since Turgeon took over, but they are definitely good at coming out on top in them. Syracuse opened as just a 1 point fav but people are throwing their money at Cuse.

Agreed on just about every facet of what you said. Without Battle I am not sure Cuse can keep up though. Maryland has the shooters to make them pay for that zone but they haven’t showed it yet this year. I really like Dolezaj and Chukwu but neither is going to get 20. Brissett and Howard are hit and miss. Moyer has been disappointing. They kid of remind me of us when MGH was a senior, except Dolezaj is also a star.

gtuberfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed on just about every facet of what you said. Without Battle I am not sure Cuse can keep up though. Maryland has the shooters to make them pay for that zone but they haven’t showed it yet this year. I really like Dolezaj and Chukwu but neither is going to get 20. Brissett and Howard are hit and miss. Moyer has been disappointing. They kid of remind me of us when MGH was a senior, except Dolezaj is also a star.

Tyus Battle is probable tonight

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The way GT has been playing the zone this year looks a whole lot like the way Syracuse is playing it tonight. Forwards way extended and center left by himself under the basket to clean everything up

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
opening lines for ACC/B1G challenge tomorrow

Northwestern pick em @ GT
FSU -5 @ Rutgers
Louisville +7.5 @ Purdue
Illinois +2 @ Wake
Iowa +7 @ VT

and for good measure
no odds listed for Pitt vs High Point

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
'Cuse up 4 and at the FT line with 13 seconds left over Maryland

missed both FT attempts. MD hits a 3 with 7.5 seconds left... MD has no timeouts left

Syracuse goes over the top for the slam 3 point game.

MD makes first FT, intentionally misses nest... 'Cuse with the rebound up 2 with .7 left

game over

Congrats to Syracuse and to @CuseJacket

Last edited: