ACC Discussion

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I never know where to put overall NCAA discussion.

UTEP lost to Lamar to fall to 1-5 and Tim Floyd retired after the game. They also need to hire a new football coach after going 0-12. And they just hired Citadel's AD about 8 hours ago. Nothing like jumping right into it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I never know where to put overall NCAA discussion.

UTEP lost to Lamar to fall to 1-5 and Tim Floyd retired after the game. They also need to hire a new football coach after going 0-12. And they just hired Citadel's AD about 8 hours ago. Nothing like jumping right into it.

New AD probably glad to have a clean slate without having to fire Floyd.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Kevin ****ing Huerter is incredible
As Huerter went off I kept saying to myself.... we're about to lose another game due to sanctions. Huerter was Orange, except Syracuse didn't have a 2016 schollie to offer.
Well, I cashed but Syracuse played a lot better than I expected. Frank Howard is roughly 3-8x better than last year
Howard is much improved, just keep in mind last night was his best game of his career and the first one he's ever shown up in against a team with a pulse. He doesn't have quick PG handles, so he's learning to turn his size into being a bully. Put a full court man-to-man press on him against a scrappy PG, and that's good for 2-3 TOs per game.

Howard is the perfect example of why Syracuse did not recruit Alvarado. Boeheim prefers long, lanky hybrid guards e.g., Triche, Carter-Williams that can play the 2-3 and develop offensively vs. those annoying scrappers that come up to their knees e.g., Alvarado and every UConn/Louisville PG known to man.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
'Cuse up 4 and at the FT line with 13 seconds left over Maryland

missed both FT attempts. MD hits a 3 with 7.5 seconds left... MD has no timeouts left

Syracuse goes over the top for the slam 3 point game.

MD makes first FT, intentionally misses nest... 'Cuse with the rebound up 2 with .7 left

game over

Congrats to Syracuse and to @CuseJacket

Sounds like Syracuse tried to pull defeat from the jaws of victory. Since MD left the ACC, I always root against them.

Other than great school, high academics, great place to live...I can't think of a good reason either.

One reason you missed is a forgiving fan base. They just kind of roll with it and it works in basketball and baseball and other varsity sports. But other than being my second favorite school, I can't think of a reason either.