ACC Discussion

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
ACC won all 3 games that have finished so far tonight and clinched the ACC-B1G challenge. the record for least number of games won by one conference in the challenge since it expanded to a double digit number of games is 3 which the B1G did twice. Currently sit at 1 with 4 games remaining. They were held to 2 wins twice prior to the expansion of the challenge

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
At 11 wins so far ( go Norte dame and wow just threw up a little inside) is a big 10 acc challenge record. With the SEC stepping us this year (FBI investigation withstanding) their match up with the big 12 should be interesting

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
At 11 wins so far ( go Norte dame and wow just threw up a little inside) is a big 10 acc challenge record. With the SEC stepping us this year (FBI investigation withstanding) their match up with the big 12 should be interesting
The GT-Tennessee game on Sunday will be interesting since Tennessee looks like an NCAA Tournament team this season.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, BC starter and grad transfer Deontae Hawkins went down in the game against Neb last night and did not return. If he is out for any significant time that team will struggle alot. He was avg a double-double coming into the NEB game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think BC is going to struggle a lot, with or without Hawkins. Without him, they may be slightly ahead of Pitt

Owch.

Serious question, does Pitt's coach last another season? Considering the rep he's garnered with players recently, it's not like reinforcements are coming.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Owch.

Serious question, does Pitt's coach last another season? Considering the rep he's garnered with players recently, it's not like reinforcements are coming.

I recently tried to find his buyout but couldn’t. He signed a 6yr deal I think and was making close to $4MM a year at the end of his tenure at Vandy. Doubt he’s making that now but it’s probably still 3 I’m sure. In year 2 of a 6 yr deal that buyout has to be pretty substantial I’d imagine.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I recently tried to find his buyout but couldn’t. He signed a 6yr deal I think and was making close to $4MM a year at the end of his tenure at Vandy. Doubt he’s making that now but it’s probably still 3 I’m sure. In year 2 of a 6 yr deal that buyout has to be pretty substantial I’d imagine.

Dayum. They need to get their players to whine to the media that he's mistreating them in practice. Then, fire him for cause (or is it "with cause"?).

We really need to fire up the PeaKg01 search firm. Surely we can do no worse than Tennessee or Fogler's boys.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Dayum. They need to get their players to whine to the media that he's mistreating them in practice. Then, fire him for cause (or is it "with cause"?).

We really need to fire up the PeaKg01 search firm. Surely we can do no worse than Tennessee or Fogler's boys.
It looks like Rick Barnes may have turned the corner at Tennessee. I think they go to the NCAA Tournament this season.