ACC Discussion

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
My memory is clearly not helping me on this one. He won ACC Frosh of the Year. I remember him getting off to a very very slow start in Dec and Jan but have forgotten his strong Feb and Mar.

I'll try to find game by game stats from fresh year. He made big strides in back half of the year. Ended up averaging about 11 ppg and 4 rpg for the year, Was closer to 5 and 2 in mid January. As it is, he ended up a nice fresh year, but hardly the best recruit in the country.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
My memory is clearly not helping me on this one. He won ACC Frosh of the Year. I remember him getting off to a very very slow start in Dec and Jan but have forgotten his strong Feb and Mar.

I'll try to find game by game stats from fresh year. He made big strides in back half of the year. Ended up averaging about 11 ppg and 4 rpg for the year, Was closer to 5 and 2 in mid January. As it is, he ended up a nice fresh year, but hardly the best recruit in the country.

16.3 and 5.5 per game

Double digits in 4 of first 5 games as a frosh.
Avg 15+ ppg as a frosh. 47% from the field 34% from deep.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Clearly, old age is catching up to me. 15.6 ppg and 5.8 rpg. 42% overall FG and 34% from 3. (those are frosh stats) I don't know why I have this memory of him being a slow starter, but it's obviously not accurate. Gotta go back and see if I've got him mixed up with someone else from the past.

My apologies for starting a rant that is clearly a delusional senior moment

BigPack1517

Georgia Tech Fan
And then Gottfried gets a bad break...

To be honest, I think a lot of us State fans wanted this redshirt to happen. Freeman needed a year to rehab as he was playing the end of last year on one leg. By getting Abu/Anya back, adding Yurtseven and possibly adding a JUCO guy we have been after, it really is a best case scenario in my eyes.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, I think a lot of us State fans wanted this redshirt to happen. Freeman needed a year to rehab as he was playing the end of last year on one leg. By getting Abu/Anya back, adding Yurtseven and possibly adding a JUCO guy we have been after, it really is a best case scenario in my eyes.

I would be careful about counting Yurtseven quite yet. Not yet known if he is Kanter who doesn't play a minute or Purvis who State did a great job getting through the clearing house. Ya'll will be pretty good regardless as long as the rehabs for Henderson et al work out. Should be back in the dance and likely second weekend.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ND has a different model for how they recruit & develop, but interesting to see 2 assistants leave this week. Doubt it causes much instability, ultimately.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not a huge deal. We lose by 13 instead of 8. He will be gone when we bring in Sexton Harden And Carter though. Then it's on like Donkey Kong
I agree. It doesn't matter to me who Clemson has next season. The 2017-18 season is where I hope we can be positioned to make up some ground.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In moves that make me want to vomit, but are admittedly a stroke of genius...

A recurring recruiting commercial.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They've gone heavy on the transfer route this year.

They have incoming FR PG Ty Graves and wing (and former UNC FB Commit) Kyran Bowman as well as SF Mike Sagay and post Nik Popovic.
They also have John Carlos Reyes who redshirted last year.

On the transfer market they added PF Connor Tava -who was probably WMU best player 2 yrs ago before missing last year with an injury, C Maurice Jeffers from Del and Jordan Chatman as a grad transfer with multiple years from BYU (where he played sparingly last season).

They are the one team in the conference i think this current GT roster can potentially beat.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
one of the announcements that didn't get alot of attention with the network announcement today is that basketball will go to a 20 game conference schedule by 2019 - this is obviously to increase the amount of ACC games available to the network as men's basketball makes up the bulk of live programming on every conferences network and the ACC has a stronger product with better ratings than any other conference.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I love the 20 game schedule. It's closer to the home and home we used to have before we annexed the Big East. Each team will have home and homes with 6 of the 14 teams. Not perfect but better than today

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
one of the announcements that didn't get alot of attention with the network announcement today is that basketball will go to a 20 game conference schedule by 2019 - this is obviously to increase the amount of ACC games available to the network as men's basketball makes up the bulk of live programming on every conferences network and the ACC has a stronger product with better ratings than any other conference.

I heard Swofford say in his announcement that the ACC had more viewers of football and basketball games than any other conference. That is at least something; if we could only get the
advertising fees up for basketball games.