ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
How much money had to have been on that game, whatever game it was? I would page the UNCAA but .. well, you know they don't care.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think it's OK to disagree with that decision, but it is very defensible. Beverly did in fact enroll and attend classes at OSU, so he is actually a transfer. It's also fair to disagree with the transfer rules, which I think are very discriminatory against the SAs.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think it's OK to disagree with that decision, but it is very defensible. Beverly did in fact enroll and attend classes at OSU, so he is actually a transfer. It's also fair to disagree with the transfer rules, which I think are very discriminatory against the SAs.

Yeah, I can get why they made the decision. I think this is just further evidence, once again, that the NCAA has outlived its usefulness.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Oh really?

NCAA president: Public believes North Carolina was not held accountable
"We can all agree or disagree whether the Committee on Infractions made the right choice or the wrong choice," Emmert said of the North Carolina case. But he added, "Only a small portion of Americans believe that was the right decision, and that North Carolina was being held accountable."
Emmert acknowledged there is a public perception of unevenly applied discipline in college athletics.

He said a recent opinion poll conducted for the NCAA found 79 percent of Americans say universities put big money ahead of their student athletes, and 69 percent said schools are part of the problem, not the solution. An additional 51 percent said the NCAA was part of the problem.

"Those are numbers that should cause us a lot of anxiety," Emmert said.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

People can disagree with anything. We all know the rules. But the NCAA’s stance is and has always been you commit to the school and not the coach. That’s absolutely ridiculous. You would think they would take the easy W here, but instead they remain an out of date organization that is no longer needed. Goodell is hopefully about to be shown the door, I would love to see the NCAA be the next governing body to be torched.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
People can disagree with anything. We all know the rules. But the NCAA’s stance is and has always been you commit to the school and not the coach. That’s absolutely ridiculous. You would think they would take the easy W here, but instead they remain an out of date organization that is no longer needed. Goodell is hopefully about to be shown the door, I would love to see the NCAA be the next governing body to be torched.
I think you meant Emmert, but Goodell has some of the same perception issues. The difference is that he is making his bosses a ton of money.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think you meant Emmert, but Goodell has some of the same perception issues. The difference is that he is making his bosses a ton of money.

No, I read recently that upwards of 18 of the NFL owners are currently holding up Goodells extension due to “all the messes” under RGs watch. I think (hope) he is on his way out. Not sure how much is left on his current deal though.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No, I read recently that upwards of 18 of the NFL owners are currently holding up Goodells extension due to “all the messes” under RGs watch. I think (hope) he is on his way out. Not sure how much is left on his current deal though.
OK. I confused the Goodell comment with the beginning of your post.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Here is a timely NFL commentary from Dwight Perry in the Seattle Times:

“The Texans’ Bob McNair, discussing protesting players with his fellow owners, said, ‘We can’t have the inmates running the prison.’

“There went O.J.’s hopes of making his NFL comeback in Houston.”