ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's pretty big hurt for VT.
They only have 2 other players over 6'6 on the roster.
Blackshear is coming back after a leg injury last season.
Fullard is a transfer from Div 2 Belmont Abbey where he avg 3.2 ppg.
They also really need Clarke to return from his ACL injury. That was suffered pretty late in the season so there is no guarantee he will be ready to go or 100% at the start of the season.
They may have to play alot with no one over 6'6 in the lineup.

Feels like they will have to really run and press this season.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That's pretty big hurt for VT.
They only have 2 other players over 6'6 on the roster.
Blackshear is coming back after a leg injury last season.
Fullard is a transfer from Div 2 Belmont Abbey where he avg 3.2 ppg.
They also really need Clarke to return from his ACL injury. That was suffered pretty late in the season so there is no guarantee he will be ready to go or 100% at the start of the season.
They may have to play alot with no one over 6'6 in the lineup.

Feels like they will have to really run and press this season.

Blackshear injured his foot in the 2015-16 season and had surgery right after the season. He did not pay at all last season. To your point, he is still a big question mark for them. If fully recovered he could be a key man for them.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'd only heard just under administrative leave... Didn't see on this thread. My bad for not looking elsewhere.

---

Don't mind dtm, he got ahold of some bad ice cream.

Pitino is technically only on administrative leave for the next 10 days which allows L'ville to avoid paying his buyout.

ETA: But, everybody know ... he gone.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't mind dtm, he got ahold of some bad ice cream.

Pitino is technically only on administrative leave for the next 10 days which allows L'ville to avoid paying his buyout.

ETA: But, everybody know ... he gone.

Yeah. Every single mention of him since this morning has included the phrase "effectively fired" to go along with the adminsitrative leave, as @kg01 points out correctly. I'm not afraid to say he's correct.

You know what I'm big on lately? Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. Eat one and it keeps you from downing a pint of something and it's pretty economical at like $4 for 4 of them in a box.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Every single mention of him since this morning has included the phrase "effectively fired" to go along with the adminsitrative leave, as @kg01 points out correctly. I'm not afraid to say he's correct.

You know what I'm big on lately? Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. Eat one and it keeps you from downing a pint of something and it's pretty economical at like $4 for 4 of them in a box.

"as @kg01 points out correctly" -- how much did that hurt?