ACC Discussion

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That is going to set up an interesting battle as I don't think Pitt released him for anyone on their schedule. Not sure exactly how this works with a grad transfer but I understand they were trying to keep him out of the ACC.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That is going to set up an interesting battle as I don't think Pitt released him for anyone on their schedule. Not sure exactly how this works with a grad transfer but I understand they were trying to keep him out of the ACC.

Like RR said, PITT has no say really IIUC. I do think though that Stallings will do everything in his power to make the process a living heyul for the kid. And I hope he gets skewered for it.

ETA: Seems they can cause him to lose a year of eligibility. That's just wrong, man.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
RTP press comes on strong with an article blasting Pitt for this "shameful" action on their part. Bet that surprises everyone :cool:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article154673949.html

What it doesn't do though is say what the basis is for Pitt to try to limit the schools he can play for immediately other than to say "there is no relevant NCAA bylaw". So I am still left with not understanding what rule/precedent Pitt is using here?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It will be a different team than Roy has ever had but it is a legit contender now for the ACC title and to go deep into March.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
UNCheat will be very solid on the perimteter with lots of weapons. Success will depend on whether Luke Maye and 3 frosh can give them a respectable front court

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems UNC would go with Pinson, Maye and Johnson on the front line. None are a back to the basket post player that UNC is known for - normally known for playing 2 at a time. I expect the freshmen are backups at this point unless Roy just can't let go of playing their normal style.

They will be very solid on the perimeter and likely will look a lot like Duke now playing 4 or even 5 out.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems UNC would go with Pinson, Maye and Johnson on the front line. None are a back to the basket post player that UNC is known for - normally known for playing 2 at a time. I expect the freshmen are backups at this point unless Roy just can't let go of playing their normal style.

They will be very solid on the perimeter and likely will look a lot like Duke now playing 4 or even 5 out.

They are trying all kinds of new things

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nah - that is a return to old stuff. The reason he was able to walk away is Maye went to the Fats Thomas UNC athlete auto pool and picked out the 2017 Lexus LS that was able to flip a couple of times but still have enough airbags to allow him to walk away. It wasn't his normal 2005 Nissan Sentra.