ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, and Miami?

Maryland is on his list as a courtesy. I wonder what he sees in Miami other than Laranga is a great guy? And Allen Field House feels great?

He wants to enjoy those "great" official visits before he commits to Kentucky.

I just report the news that other people report first

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
FSU doing FSU things

It's like the scene in Goodfellas

Everyone watching what's going in the front, don't see the carnage at the back door

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
FSU doing FSU things

Everyone watching what's going in the front, don't see the carnage at the back door

Who'll have the courage to call Hamilton out for trade'n up? SMDH I blame the parents at this point. There should be some 'trust' here.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU doing FSU things

What's wrong with college recruiting:
  • 3*, .855 rating, 75th rated PG
  • visited June 16, 2016 (the first FSU visit according to 247)
  • committed June 19, 2016
  • signed November 9, 2016
  • 4 additional commits sign (1 in the early period, 3 in the late)
  • 11+ months after his commitment and 6+ months after he signed they get a commit from MJW
  • suddenly this kid "reopens his recruitment"
Very polite wording there by Verbal Commits.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The one thing the LOI is supposed to do is commit the school to at least one year of funding for the kid at that school. That is the compensation for all the restrictions that get placed on player movement and the like. I know it would be hadies from Hamilton, but if this kid wanted to he could go to FSU for free for one year. Or he could possibly sue for breach of contract if Hamilton did say they wouldn't honor it - the little commitment the LOI does have.

Really interesting that the kid who came in last was OK committing to/trusting a program that was going to kick someone out for him to have a spot.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
From his announcement last June:
“Since the day he called, he’s done nothing but reach out to not only me, but my mother and the people that are helping me. He did a good job with that and staying in touch and staying on my academic case.”​

Perhaps the "best construction" of this whole thing is that MJ Walker wanted to go to FSU, but had to wait and see if Trimble did what he had to in his last semester of HS or something.