ACC Discussion

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
empty words from the toddlers in Raleigh. The exit fee alone would stop them from actually doing this. Add to that the very long and protracted legal battle that would ensue.
I think the NC legislature could save everyone time and energy if they just agreed to stop passing bills that cause most corporate entities to attempt to leave the state

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
empty words from the toddlers in Raleigh. The exit fee alone would stop them from actually doing this. Add to that the very long and protracted legal battle that would ensue.
I think the NC legislature could save everyone time and energy if they just agreed to stop passing bills that cause most corporate entities to attempt to leave the state

What is the fee?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
A better move would be, would've been, to hold them out of postseason play. ACC would've been out some coin if UNC hadn't played in ACC or NCAA tourneys

Of course they'd never do that either as it'd be a self-imposed near-death penalty. I heard a couple UNC guys whining after their title that poor ol' Roy is doing it all w/o a team full o' one-and-doners since the possible sanctions are making recruiting soooo hard for him. Cry me a river, heels.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
$50MM exit fee plus GOR (means ACC would own your media rights - ie you get no TV money) until the end of the current ACC contract - which is sometime in the 2030's.

About as empty a threat as you could make as the schools would lose so much money.

The fee is actually 3 times the operating budget per team, which is over $60M.