ACC Discussion

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I'm hoping the data points are of value to those who agree with BG's philosophy. I haven't fired them from the board.
We can do that?

gnomeangel-banner-sewvivor-voted-out.jpg

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting. I have no idea whether or not this is good for him long- term, but I can understand the desire to get in with life.

I guess his AAU coach is really a strong presence in his life. Does he have ties to any agents?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Basically moving Thornton out - who graduated a year early to help Duke this year so they can hand the reigns to Frank Jackson next season.
They were slow to adapt to it, but no school now other than KY recruits more one and done types than Duke now does,

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If dook is now processing kids, all bets should be off.

Far cry from the days he use to pressure kids into staying all 4 years or until they graduate. That was the only way Coach K would allow those championship banners to be hoisted at Cameron Indoor.

Coach K's turn to the dark side is almost complete.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
This has been out there for a month. Duke didn't push him out. His dad didn't think he got enough to PT. sad, but true. These days AAU coaches and parents get way too involved in their kids' decisions

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This has been out there for a month. Duke didn't push him out. His dad didn't think he got enough to PT. sad, but true. These days AAU coaches and parents get way too involved in their kids' decisions

Given what Duke has coming in and that Allen said he is staying, I don't blame him from a pure BB perspective. the question is going to be what he wants from a BB and academic perspective. He can be a starter at most D1 programs = if I were him I would see if I could transfer to Stanford or NW or some place like that.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
will be interesting to see where he goes next. He had an up and down freshman year but he clearly has major potential.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know we were talking about this elsewhere...

Dooley was a fringe idea for our search. I wonder if this gig would net him more money and put him in a good spot to be promoted if NC State's inevitable run at Archie Miller fails.