ACC Discussion

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UGA is going to rack up wins in the SEC again. LSU has talent but it isn't meshing at all. SC is still in build mode. It will be a couple of years for Pearl to get Auburn going.
Vandy is not as strong as a couple of years ago.
KY is going to smoke everybody in that conference. FL is really struggling early. Lost to Miami at home and needed overtime to beat LA-Monroe.
Arkansas looks good at home but they tend to do poorly on the road. I could easily see UGA finishing in the top3-4 in the SEC.
Fine by me, now that we've beaten them.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Continuing to pound the SEC is horrible drum.. how about Clayton State giving Mississippi State all they wanted last night.

They kept it close only losing by 13. As a point of reference, we beat Clayton State by 33.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah LSU being this bad is a surprise as they have some talent. But up until opening night we all expected UGA to be pretty good. Florida will even out by the end of the year when they start getting their whole rotation back. UK is a cut above everyone. It will take a huge effort to beat them. Their defense is amazing. They are so long that their guards aren't afraid of getting beat and play way up on opponents wings. I realize their competition hasn't been fantastic yet, but they did play KU. In 5 games they have 49 blocks and 43 steals. That's amazing.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah LSU being this bad is a surprise as they have some talent. But up until opening night we all expected UGA to be pretty good. Florida will even out by the end of the year when they start getting their whole rotation back. UK is a cut above everyone. It will take a huge effort to beat them. Their defense is amazing. They are so long that their guards aren't afraid of getting beat and play way up on opponents wings. I realize their competition hasn't been fantastic yet, but they did play KU. In 5 games they have 49 blocks and 43 steals. That's amazing.

I think UGA is a solid team - borderline NCAA. GT just was better that night. Gregory has a good game plan against them - it hasn't really changed in 4 years. He simply pounds them inside and then goes inside-out. UGA is susceptible to teams that can consistently score inside - there are not many teams in the SEC that can do that.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didn't see this mentioned yet, but since both teams are future opponents (Miami & Charlotte), I thought throw it out there. It was mentioned in one of the other threads that Charlotte might be a trap game for us, but the verdict was out until they faced Miami. Miami faced them in Charleston, SC in the championship game of the Gilden Charleston Classic. The Canes drilled them 77-58.

Oddly enough, the two teams were already scheduled to face each other tonight, but this time, the game will be held on the 49ers home court. It's not often that an ACC team will come and play on their place, and the Vegas line reflects it (Charlotte + 6.5). Personally, I think that the Canes get the W, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it come down to the wire.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didn't see this mentioned yet, but since both teams are future opponents (Miami & Charlotte), I thought throw it out there. It was mentioned in one of the other threads that Charlotte might be a trap game for us, but the verdict was out until they faced Miami. Miami faced them in Charleston, SC in the championship game of the Gilden Charleston Classic. The Canes drilled them 77-58.

Oddly enough, the two teams were already scheduled to face each other tonight, but this time, the game will be held on the 49ers home court. It's not often that an ACC team will come and play on their place, and the Vegas line reflects it (Charlotte + 6.5). Personally, I think that the Canes get the W, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it come down to the wire.

Miami wins by 3. Charlotte is a different team at home.

They'll still be a good test. If we are comfortably beating teams like this in December, we will be on the right track.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
VT and and Pitt get stomped.
FSU eeks out a win against CHaminade and Miami beats Charlotte in a closer game.
CUse and UVA win easily.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The next few weeks are coming into focus as far as our opponents are concerned. We need to know about us. I hope the team is ready to play in Orlando.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Is Walker back yet for UF? They get him back and Murphy eligible they should be fine. Hill and Frazier are talented. They wont have alot of depth but they are a tourament team.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is Walker back yet for UF? They get him back and Murphy eligible they should be fine. Hill and Frazier are talented. They wont have alot of depth but they are a tourament team.
Walker should be back, but their problem is injuries to Carter & Finney-Smith. Florida should be fine over time and will probably sneak up on some people, but they seem to have a bit of bad luck to open the season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
UNC getting all it can handle from Butler in Atlantis.

I'll probably get slammed for this but I just am never impressed with Roy coached teams. Absent a wide talent advantage they don't win. They always struggle to execute anything consistently.