ACC Discussion

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nike will give Zion 10 million reasons not to go back to Duke. It is stupid.
Somewhat interesting at least to me is whether he pulls a Manning and tries to force a trade. Supposedly his dad was on the radio in LA saying they are looking forward to wherever but I wonder if they will push a trade.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this 'Zion back to Duke' talk is nothing but sports talk radio 'talking heads' attempting to create a controversy where there is not one. Anyway, Duke could not pay him as much as New Orleans can. Factor in endorsements, he could probably double his salary.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think this 'Zion back to Duke' talk is nothing but sports talk radio 'talking heads' attempting to create a controversy where there is not one. Anyway, Duke could not pay him as much as New Orleans can. Factor in endorsements, he could probably double his salary.

It's a last ditch effort of national media wish-hoping to land him in NYK or LAL. It's shameless. The lotto show was disgusting the degree to which they were slobbing all over the guy.

It was nothing more than a Knicks coronation up until they didn't get the pick. Then the network projects their own disappointment onto the kid in saying he was upset at the results. Ridiculous.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It was nothing more than a Knicks coronation up until they didn't get the pick. Then the network projects their own disappointment onto the kid in saying he was upset at the results. Ridiculous.

I agree but if I were in his shoes I'd hate to go to NO. Knicks aren't much better but at the very least you aren't in a tiny market.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree but if I were in his shoes I'd hate to go to NO. Knicks aren't much better but at the very least you aren't in a tiny market.

Keep in mind, if NYK or LAL had got the pick, they were likely trading it to NO for Davis anyway. Either way, Zion was NO bound most likely.

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah, athletes get treated terribly in NO.
giphy.gif

GT_EE78

Banned
I agree but if I were in his shoes I'd hate to go to NO. Nikes aren't much better but at the very least you aren't in a tiny market.
Even on a Duke salary , he probably has new shoes by now. I'd never wear Nikes to NO but they may have shoe stores rebuilt by now.
You're right, he should go back to school for a champship and a better NBA team. (The Duke insurance pays out about 8 mil i think in event of injury)

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Keep in mind, if NYK or LAL had got the pick, they were likely trading it to NO for Davis anyway. Either way, Zion was NO bound most likely.

Yeah. The Knicks were definitely gonna trade a marketing bonanza from NYC.

#EyerollGang

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah. The Knicks were definitely gonna trade a marketing bonanza from NYC.

#EyerollGang

Their "plan" is to try to sign Kyrie and Durant. Then trade for Davis, bro.

Yeah, sounds ridiculous to you and me. But that's their alleged "plan".

And when in the last 40 years has that organization done things that make sense? Tell me. I'll wait.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Their "plan" is to try to sign Kyrie and Durant. Then trade for Davis, bro.

Yeah, sounds ridiculous to you and me. But that's their alleged "plan".

And when in the last 40 years has that organization done things that make sense? Tell me. I'll wait.

I'm a lifelong Knicks fan fully aware of their plans & failings.

Kyrie Irving is such a ****ing cancer. Jeez, I hope they sign Kemba instead.

Also... don't bro me if you don't know me.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm a lifelong Knicks fan fully aware of their plans & failings.

Kyrie Irving is such a ****ing cancer. Jeez, I hope they sign Kemba instead.

Also... don't bro me if you don't know me.

Haha. Ok, brah.

I think Kemba ends up with the Lakers.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haha. Ok, brah.

I'm rooting against the Lakers because 1) **** them & 2) this buddy of mine literally only likes whatever team LeBron plays for and that's so lame.

I'm all for liking a particular player, but don't jump from team to team for one.

GT_EE78

Banned
Haha. Ok, brah.

kemba would fill a need for Lakers but i'm hoping they get Klay Thompson.
Need to take a piece away from warriors to have a chance.
Then adding AD or Kawaii would just be graavy

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
kemba would fill a need for Lakers but i'm hoping they get Klay Thompson.
Need to take a piece away from warriors to have a chance.
Then adding AD or Kawaii would just be graavy

Klay's staying to take the shots KD will be leaving.

I see Draymond leaving first from their main 3.

Speaking of NBA, I'm watching the NBA combine right now. Kinda cool seeing the panel talk Tom Cream and Anthony Edwards and how he coached Dwayne Wade and how Nic Claxton could go back to uGA and succeed and blah, blah, blah ....

Have I taken over the super-sarcastic crown of the day from @Peacone36 and his Kyrie post?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not sure exactly where to put this but Nasir Little never got comfortable at UNC because Ole Roy never fully defined his role for him. Probably some truth and some cover for the upcoming draft

Well you see at most places there is a clear definition of the role for a student athlete. UNC blurs that definition but he knew that going in.