ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'm rooting against the Lakers because 1) **** them & 2) this buddy of mine literally only likes whatever team LeBron plays for and that's so lame.

I'm all for liking a particular player, but don't jump from team to team for one.
I was a diehard Nuggets fan, then Knicks, then Rockets for a few days...

I think I'm non-stop all in on the TWolves now.

Don't @ me.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This isn’t ACC technically, but UW just landed their second top 7 player. UW is where Hopkins went when he left Cuse. He made the NIT in his first season and won the pac 12 regular season and made the NCAA his 2nd. I understand the pac-12 isn’t a meatgrinder when it comes to basketball, but still impressive.

Is the expectation that he eventually returns to Syracuse since it’s where he played? He grew up on the west coast but don’t know if that plays as big a role.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This isn’t ACC technically, but UW just landed their second top 7 player. UW is where Hopkins went when he left Cuse. He made the NIT in his first season and won the pac 12 regular season and made the NCAA his 2nd. I understand the pac-12 isn’t a meatgrinder when it comes to basketball, but still impressive.

Is the expectation that he eventually returns to Syracuse since it’s where he played? He grew up on the west coast but don’t know if that plays as big a role.

Aren't they the 1 oppty for a power conference win when we play in the Diamond Head Classic? That would make it ACC relevant.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Hop has been awesome. Two seasons, two Pac12 COY awards. Sadly, he has said enough to indicate it's < 50% likely he'll return to 'Cuse. Good for him though.

He's another example of what happens to a team who loses an elite assistant. If he's at Cuse, indications are that Stewart would be going to Cuse next year. Brissett likely comes back if Hop is there. OBrissey was not a Boeheim fan, and Hop was an effective good cop counterbalance for a lot of players.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why would Hop go back to Syracuse when he basically got screwed over by Boeheim and the administation.

Boeheim basically decided he didn't want to retire and so Hop no longer had a quick path to a HC job.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Why would Hop go back to Syracuse when he basically got screwed over by Boeheim and the administation.

Boeheim basically decided he didn't want to retire and so Hop no longer had a quick path to a HC job.
Because it's his alma mater? Just answering your question and not saying I disagree.

Screwed over by Boeheim is still debatable. Watch his intro press conference to Washington and you'll see an entirely different perspective.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oshae Brissett has officially announced he will stay in the draft instead of returning to Syracuse. I don't think this is a huge surprise, just makes it official.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Markell Johnson is returning to NCST for his SR yr. Big win for NCST. Makes them a potential top 5 team in the ACC.

Tuesday is the day decisions have to be made.
Among the players who have yet to officially announce whether they are going to stay in the draft
BC - Nik Popovic
L'ville - Jordan Nwora, Steven Enoch, VJ King
NCST - Jalen Lecque (HS commit)
UVA - Mamadi Diakite
VT - Kerry Blackshear Jr (if he withdraws he could transfer as a grad transfer to another school)

UGA - Nic Claxton

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Some whispers out of WI tonight. The Hauser brothers (who are transferring from Marquette) are not going to end up at WI as was expected less than a few days ago.
There are 2 likely outcomes.
Either both end up at UVA or older brother Sam ends up at UVA with younger brother Joey ending up at Michigan st.
Both will have to sit out next season. Sam has one year of eligibility left and Joey three.

Sam (6'8, 225) avg 15 ppg, 7 rpg and shot 40% from three. Joey (6'9, 230) avg 10 pts and 5 rbs and shot 42.5% from three.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Markell Johnson is returning to NCST for his SR yr. Big win for NCST. Makes them a potential top 5 team in the ACC.

Tuesday is the day decisions have to be made.
Among the players who have yet to officially announce whether they are going to stay in the draft
BC - Nik Popovic
L'ville - Jordan Nwora, Steven Enoch, VJ King
NCST - Jalen Lecque (HS commit)
UVA - Mamadi Diakite
VT - Kerry Blackshear Jr (if he withdraws he could transfer as a grad transfer to another school)

UGA - Nic Claxton
Markell is good but I don’t think that makes them a top 5 Acc team. They lost Torin dorn and Wyatt walker. Best case they fall 8-10.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I should also add to the list that neither Bolden or DeLaurier from Duke have made their final intentions known about whether they will return. Main issue there would be front court depth.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Those 2 are trying to find a way out of town after getting recruited over big time. They would simply be insurance against foul trouble if they stay.