ACC Discussion

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Someone who knows the rules better than me tell me whether you can use replay to call whether someone is inside the arc or not? didn't think it was like who knocked the ball out of bounds but who knows.
It was the right call and correctly reviewed but that was a charge 4 years ago. Just another example of my laundry list of complaints about just how f'ing stupid it is to have a 4 foot restricted area. ZERO reason for the NCAA to have ever done that BS. Reddish was completely out of control and that was a great defensive play that that ended in Reddish being gifted 2 FT's because of a ****ty rule. Certainly Louisville can only blame themselves for that collapse and it was highly unlikely they would've even scored the winning basket at the rate they were going but damn it I hate that extended arc.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I actually consider it the Duke rule as Dukies were trying to take charges/flops underneath the basket and getting the calls. That really pissed me off - bear with me - more than defining an arc and getting pissy about whether a heel was up and off the line or down and on the line. No perfect solutions but it is probably a step in the right direction to make sure it is a defensive play of sorts and not simply a trap under the net.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I actually consider it the Duke rule as Dukies were trying to take charges/flops underneath the basket and getting the calls. That really pissed me off - bear with me - more than defining an arc and getting pissy about whether a heel was up and off the line or down and on the line. No perfect solutions but it is probably a step in the right direction to make sure it is a defensive play of sorts and not simply a trap under the net.

Amen.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
My memory was the "Duke Rule" as you call it was the reason they painted a specific arc of 3' to begin with whereas before it was a judgement call. I didn't think extending it to 4' had anything to do with Duke.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Shane MFing Battier

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just had a NCSU player from Warner Robbins arrested in Raleigh yesterday. Had transferred in from FIU. Think it was assault.

Eric Lockett was arrested this morning. His gf wants to drop charges.

Blake Harris also missed yesterday’s game. Bad things in Raleigh today