ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
FSU was the better team, but by this logic then Cuse pummeled FSU once.

FSU jumped them from the tip and got up 22 in the 1st half. Was a 1-point game 7 min into the 2nd half. FSU ultimately gassed Cuse who pressed to get back in it but didn't have the depth to stay in it. Too big of an early hole.

Cuse is going to have a tough time the 2nd half of the year. Their 1st half ACC schedule was 13th SOS in the league. They have a stretch coming up: @ NC St, vs. Louisville, vs Duke, @ UNC, @ Wake, vs. UVA. I'm not convinced yet that they're a tourney team, but they have a lot of chances to prove it.

Ok. They still got ya 2-1 ;)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good interview with the head of the committee. Also looks at which teams have been most helped and most hurt by the switch to the NET rankings.

Also, interesting tidbit on propensity of fouling and making the NCAA.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-about-the-net-and-how-bracket-will-be-built/

• Fouling frequently is not a way to winning often. Consider: There isn't a team in the top 70 in total fouls this season that projects as an NCAA Tournament at-large candidate. The most foul-prone major-conference team that was in Jerry Palm's latest bracket? North Carolina State. The Wolfpack have 437 hacks this season (19.9 per game). Beware picking them in March -- if they get a dance ticket.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Classless Louisville

An FSU manager was stationed under the UL basket for the game on Saturday. One of the UL assistant coaches yelled at him and asked if he did anything useful.
An assistant coach at an ACC school making fun of a college kid who mops the floor and brings the refs water? Classless.

Loserville doesn't belong in the ACC. Weak academics and scandal ridden athletics.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In the photo below, Deandre Hunter (at the bottom of the pic) has just caught a pass and is going up for the shot. Zion Williamson is crossing the lane. Williamson blocked the shot. I had to watch that a bunch to believe it really happened. It should have been an uncontested three.

Question. Is Williamson better at his age than Lebron or Kobe at the same age?

DzAU_7fVYAANAFr.jpg

LibertyTurns

Banned
In the photo below, Deandre Hunter (at the bottom of the pic) has just caught a pass and is going up for the shot. Zion Williamson is crossing the lane. Williamson blocked the shot. I had to watch that a bunch to believe it really happened. It should have been an uncontested three.

Question. Is Williamson better at his age than Lebron or Kobe at the same age?

DzAU_7fVYAANAFr.jpg
Was Hunter trying to chug a beer or writing down the phone number of some girl in the stands before shooting????

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I wish we could have landed Mack a few years ago. Weren't there rumors we put out feelers but couldn't afford him?

He ha the Cardinals rolling

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Think UVA is wishing Duke shot the ball against them like they are against Louisville? LV is actually playing about the same pack line backed in D that UVA did - with much better effect.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I wish we could have landed Mack a few years ago. Weren't there rumors we put out feelers but couldn't afford him?

He ha the Cardinals rolling

He was hired at Xavier by Mbob and so there was speculation about him. Not sure how serious it got.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Someone who knows the rules better than me tell me whether you can use replay to call whether someone is inside the arc or not? didn't think it was like who knocked the ball out of bounds but who knows.