ACC Discussion

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Real quick, Notre Dame’s Rex Pflueger will return next year as a grad student. Insider Tom Noie thinks they hold the remaining ‘ships unless Anthony wants to come aboard.

That means that Tre Mitchell could be very much still in play.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
NC State has a good team, but they make a lot of mental errors. Cut the UNC lead to 4 with a minute to play. They threw up an air ball three, then let UNC get loose on the break for a dunk while they loafed down the floor. What could have been a one point game was suddenly six. State missed another three and followed with a cheap foul. The game was essentially over. What a wasted effort by State at home.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The only reason is that the ACT score is inconsistent with his traditional academic performance.

For some reasons 9 weeks into the season he has yet to simply retake the test and get on the floor.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you have a C average in HS, but score 26 on the ACT I think most people would wonder about it. I am not sure what his score was or how well he did in HS, but there are reasonableness tests that are legitimate.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
NC State has a good team, but they make a lot of mental errors. Cut the UNC lead to 4 with a minute to play. They threw up an air ball three, then let UNC get loose on the break for a dunk while they loafed down the floor. What could have been a one point game was suddenly six. State missed another three and followed with a cheap foul. The game was essentially over. What a wasted effort by State at home.
Might have helped if NCSU started the game when NC did and not 10 min later. NC scored the first 12 pts of the game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
If you have a C average in HS, but score 26 on the ACT I think most people would wonder about it. I am not sure what his score was or how well he did in HS, but there are reasonableness tests that are legitimate.

SI Article from November

Serious question: When did the ACT become a factor? I never took it. It wasnt a requirement. Is this a athlete thing? What? When I went to college it was basically just SAT scores.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
SI Article from November

Serious question: When did the ACT become a factor? I never took it. It wasnt a requirement. Is this a athlete thing? What? When I went to college it was basically just SAT scores.

It's been an alternate to the SAT for at least the last 10 years, since I was in hs. I think it might be more of a state thing because the act is the go to test in memphis FWIW.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
SI Article from November

I grew up in Huntsville, AL and took the ACT since I was applying to some colleges there. I think the preferred test is based on preference and we were told to take the ACT for colleges in Alabama that we were applying to. That was also in the mid-70's so I won't pretend to know what is required today.