ACC Discussion

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
So, you are joining the chorus of how that is how the best team in GA finishes games? Or that GT is playing like a lower tier SEC bball team?

I just thought it was an interesting result. You can make up whatever you want. Have fun!

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Watched the game. Panthers started off awful. Second half surge in last 10 minutes or so was led by Simonds, and a Benlevi 3 pointer gave us a victory. Amazing game. Now two wins against SEC teams, ugag and Bama.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's the latest ESPN Women's College Basketball Bracketology for the 2018-2019 season. ESPN predicts 7 ACC teams will go to the Women's NCAA 2019 Basketball Tournament

#1 Seed Louisville

#1 Seed Notre Dame

#3 Seed North Carolina State

#4 Seed Syracuse

#6 Seed Miami

#9 Seed Georgia Tech

#10 Seed Florida State

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Miami loses fourth in a row. After a 5-0 start, the U is looking pretty shaky right now. Old Big East foes Seton Hall and Rutgers got 'em, followed by the powerhouses of the Ivy League (Penn & Yale).

Next three games should be easy for Miami (Houston Baptist, Florida Atlantic and the Campbell Camels). Then they hit the ACC where the schedule makers helped them out (UNC twice. Duke & UVA once each) Interesting times in Coral Gables

Houston Baptist beat Wake sooooo hahah

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wake is a dumpster fire. They could lose to anyone this year. Really wish Chaundee had come to Tech instead of wasting his time in Winston.

I'm rooting for them, Bama and MEM to spectacularly fail. Dangling the whole 'I used-ta be in the NBA' thing in kids faces blinding them to the fact that the actual coaching/development is mediocre at best. Ya know, the FSU plan.

I know, I know the jury's still out on Penni but still ... never let the facts dissuade a good rant.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Without Hewell now Hernandez it seems like Miami is really missing something.
They are not deep (4 guys are avg over 30 mpg and only 7 guys are getting any playing time) and they are not good inside on offense or defense. They are really relying on the 3-pt shot and as we see with our own team there is definitely some live by the three, die by the three.
They don't seem to be playing as well defensively as they have historically under Larranaga.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If this reporting by Jeff Goodman is true, then we have a contract that dwarfs Hewitt's in stupidity.

https://watchstadium.com/news/bol-b...e-from-this-week-in-college-hoops-11-28-2018/

Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman signed Danny Manning to a six-year extension that runs through 2024-25 nearly a year ago to the day. A source told me that the deal is fully guaranteed, meaning that Wake is on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $18 million if it makes a move to let go of Manning. The first couple of years, and a 24-39 mark, were on the previous regime. But after a 19-14 record and an NCAA tourney bid in 2016-17, Wake went 11-20 last season and has started out 4-2 this year with a loss this past weekend to Houston Baptist.

GT_EE78

Banned
If this reporting by Jeff Goodman is true, then we have a contract that dwarfs Hewitt's in stupidity.

https://watchstadium.com/news/bol-b...e-from-this-week-in-college-hoops-11-28-2018/

Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman signed Danny Manning to a six-year extension that runs through 2024-25 nearly a year ago to the day. A source told me that the deal is fully guaranteed, meaning that Wake is on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $18 million if it makes a move to let go of Manning. The first couple of years, and a 24-39 mark, were on the previous regime. But after a 19-14 record and an NCAA tourney bid in 2016-17, Wake went 11-20 last season and has started out 4-2 this year with a loss this past weekend to Houston Baptist.
I can only hope that means "Wake" has a contract that dwarfs Hewitt's in stupidity. cuz i didn't see anything to indictate our AD is engaged in new activity ...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Interesting factoid about Wake that Todd Stansbury has been using during AI2020 fundraising efforts.

Wake is currently raising $300MM for athletics. 2/3 of it has been pledged by 6 people cutting checks.

I think it's in reference to this.
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2017/09/04/Colleges/Wake-Forest.aspx

Good quote from a Wake Trustee...

“Do we want to get our *** kicked or do we want to win?” Sutton said over dinner.