ACC Discussion

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think all of use have thin skins at times. My mistake about the thread and the transfer status was my mistake. It had nothing to do with dtm. That said, the reply from him was more caustic than necessary. I was tempted to reply with something that would not have helped. I appreciate what dtm contributes to the board and respect the time it takes. That does not mean I always agree with him.

Your mistakes have built up over time, a combination of often not thinking through your post before posting and not taking advantage of the information gathered by others.

As such, I'll stand by my caustic response and admit that I'm not going to bother having you in the conversation I'm participating in.

Good luck, God bless, Bon Voyage.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lorng is talked about in this article.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2018/...recruiting-4-spring-targets-to-keep-an-eye-on

Big kid, 6'10, 255 - seen as more of a developmental type.

Also, there are rumors on a couple of Wake boards that the exodus may not be over yet. Possibly one more. Rumors are either Bryant Crawford or Doral Moore. Both are JR so i assume if either left it would be to start a pro career.

On the OV talk. This is something i would pay attention to. NCAA has limits on how many official visits a school can provide over a time period. I actually thought it was 12 per calendar year. Not sure if the 24 over 2 yrs that Goodman is referencing is due to being able to take 12 each year or if you have flexibility over multiple yrs.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wasn't there a rumor out there that Brownell's agent was shopping for a better gig?

On Pitt - right now that is probably an even bigger rebuild job than what Pastner took on at GT and it is in an area that is not as fertile in talent.
Carr and Stewart were the 2 FR with the most upside and it seems like those 2 are pretty set on leaving.
i think it is going to be hard to attract a 'good' candidate with them firing their last coach after 2 seasons.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't there a rumor out there that Brownell's agent was shopping for a better gig?

On Pitt - right now that is probably an even bigger rebuild job than what Pastner took on at GT and it is in an area that is not as fertile in talent.
Carr and Stewart were the 2 FR with the most upside and it seems like those 2 are pretty set on leaving.
i think it is going to be hard to attract a 'good' candidate with them firing their last coach after 2 seasons.

Yeah I read that Carr is leaving the program regardless and has rcvd some pretty high end interest.

I agree on the rebuild, the players left over obviously arent on the level of really even a Q or Heath, nevermind JOk, Ben or Jax. Kingsby is still committed (According to his twitter page) but he is also a JUCO (albeit a sophomore) so there is that, though he isnt very highly regarded.

Combine that with the lack of officials available until August, the new coach is going to start way behind the 8 ball.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
To me the Pitt job screams for a good P5 assistant ready to take the step up that you can get cheap but give a long contract to. Take your lumps the next year or 2 while the guy gets his sea legs and then hope to god you made the right choice. I don't see spending more money they don't have for a middling head coach type who is looking for an out from a bad or dead end situation.

Means they don't win the press conference but would have more chance of success IMHO.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
To me the Pitt job screams for a good P5 assistant ready to take the step up that you can get cheap but give a long contract to. Take your lumps the next year or 2 while the guy gets his sea legs and then hope to god you made the right choice. I don't see spending more money they don't have for a middling head coach type who is looking for an out from a bad or dead end situation.

Means they don't win the press conference but would have more chance of success IMHO.

So don't hire the clone of Brian Gregory?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I read that Kingsby asked for his release and does not plan to go to Pitt. I believe that was on Cardiac Hill.

At this point they may want to consider Brandin Knight. At least as an alum the fans are likely to be a little more patient then if just random X coach is hired.

Also, good job by Hurley's agent. Pretty obvious he is the likely culprit for the leak that Pitt was going to pay his client over $3MM. That allowed him to tell UConn they needed to come up with more money and so they did.