ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wake Forest's Donovan Mitchell is going to transfer. Will have 2 years of eligibility after sitting out a year.
Not a key cog for them but was one of their backups that got minutes pretty consistently. Had 8 pts against GT in his final regular season game.

This leaves Brandon Childress (whose dad in an asst coach at Wake) as the last player from the 2016 class for Wake to still be there.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Wake Forest's Donovan Mitchell is going to transfer. Will have 2 years of eligibility after sitting out a year.
Not a key cog for them but was one of their backups that got minutes pretty consistently. Had 8 pts against GT in his final regular season game.

This leaves Brandon Childress (whose dad in an asst coach at Wake) as the last player from the 2016 class for Wake to still be there.
Pitt aside, Wake's player turnover is surprising. I thought Manning would be a player's coach

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good luck to whoever takes that job. They need to have iron clad assurances from the admin that they will get at least 5 yrs.

That is going to be a hard job to sell. You aren't in a huge recruiting area and their ability to recruit NYC seems to have taken something of a hit since joining the ACC.
You will be literally starting from nothing and 0-18 is very possible again next season.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
This says they likely would've stayed if Stallings wasn't fired (who knows), but it shows what happens when:

1. You make a bad hire to begin with and the AD who hired him leaves 8 months later
2. He's a known jerk and continues to be one
3. Goes win-less in the league in Year 2.
4. You don't give him time to get it corrected
5. Your new AD doesn't make it a priority to talk to the players after firing their coach

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...l-players-asking-release-wake-coaching-change

I agree with Red, the new coach better get an iron clad 5 years guaranteed without being fired or a 6 or 7 year deal. Only thing that could possibly save them is if Sean Miller leaves Arizona, is found to be innocent in the FBI stuff and agrees to go "home" to Pitt.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Replying over here to stay on topic.

Man, it would be kinda funny if @CuseJacket had a GT player guarding a 'Cuse player (or vice versa) as his avatar. I mean, @kg01 is already confused, imagine if he had to process that while replying to CuseJacket through gritted teeth...
What's interesting is that no one is bringing up @kg01's secret affection for Boston College. Anyone else remember his love affair with BC radio team during our ACCT game? #VoiceoftheEagles

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Replying over here to stay on topic.

What's interesting is that no one is bringing up @kg01's secret affection for Boston College. Anyone else remember his love affair with BC radio team during our ACCT game? #VoiceoftheEagles

What the?

I will not stand idly by and allow you to besmirch my character like that.

If I had to listen to one more second of them fawning over that clown in a bowtie, I might've driven to Chestnut Hill and punched that elementary school project they call a mascot right in the nose! :rage:

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What the?

I will not stand idly by and allow you to besmirch my character like that.

If I had to listen to one more second of them fawning over that clown in a bowtie, I might've driven to Chestnut Hill and punched that elementary school project they call a mascot right in the nose! :rage:
That's what I would say to if I was a closet Eagles fan. Nothing to be proud of.