ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Sports Pickle: Kevin Stallings caught by FBI offering $100,000 to anyone who would attend a Pitt basketball game
“He asked random passersby in the street, former Pitt season ticket holders, even his secretary and the school’s athletics director to simply attend a Pitt basketball game and stay for the entire thing in exchange for $100,000 in cash,” said a person with knowledge of the investigation. “Yet they all turned him down.”

It is not clear yet if the FBI will charge Stalling with a crime for his actions, only that FBI agents found his behavior “pretty hilarious.”

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We laugh, but Pitt still scored more in the second half that we did in an entire game up there :(

How we didn't fire gregory after that debacle is beyond me. That was year 4. Should have been left in Charlottesville after that performance.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Lol from the Pitt board
Alabama scored 30 in the last ten minutes of the game vs Minnesota this year despite playing with only 3 players.
Today also set the record for most Pitt losses in a season in their 110 year history. Add that to biggest losses, biggest home losses, longest losing streak, etc. Stallings just keeps padding his resume.
Starting the seniors was a decent thing to do.
No risk with a no chance of victory. Might as well congratulate him for not threatening to kill a player.

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/forums/basketball-board.26/

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone with refereeing experience explain why a foul isn't called when a player is on the floor with the ball after a loose ball is grabbed and an opposing player dives on him going after the ball. It happens over and over without a foul called.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone with refereeing experience explain why a foul isn't called when a player is on the floor with the ball after a loose ball is grabbed and an opposing player dives on him going after the ball. It happens over and over without a foul called.

Or why its no longer a travel when the player snatches the ball and slides across the floor....

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Did you see our game @ Clemson? It was inconveniently called on Okogie for his 3rd foul. Also saw it called on Grayson Allen @ VT on Monday night.

With that, I think the more productive question is, what's the criteria for when it is called a foul vs. not? I don't think we'll find the answer in the rule book, rather it'll be by examination of who is making the call (and maybe circumstances of the game). In other words, all signs point to inconsistency in applying the rules.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Did you see our game @ Clemson? It was inconveniently called on Okogie for his 3rd foul. Also saw it called on Grayson Allen @ VT on Monday night.

With that, I think the more productive question is, what's the criteria for when it is called a foul vs. not? I don't think we'll find the answer in the rule book, rather it'll be by examination of who is making the call (and maybe circumstances of the game). In other words, all signs point to inconsistency in applying the rules.

get ready for someone to use the term "legal guarding position"