ACC Discussion

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lol I was so confident that Clemson wouldn't shoot the 3 like they did against us!! Clearly I was wrong. Once they started 7-11 I knew my prediction was clearly the kiss of death. Sorry UNC fans!

"It's ok, we'll be fine." - @connell62

Haha

Ah c'mn c62, it was just a joke. :D

Why you lookin' at me like that, c? No .. put ..put the gun down, man. :eek:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Home court matters.

I learned that the hard way betting games a few years ago. I remember @connell62 once asking me if I ever picked a home team to cover.

When i did i started winning money.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I went to the Clempson - UNCheat game last night. With Grantham out, Brownell is going to hang his hat on their three point shooting. What we saw at McCamish is not an anomaly. They spread the floor and try to drive and kick to shooters in the corners all night. And they shoot about 65% on open looks. There will come a game where they're cold and they'll get torched, but what we saw was not a fluke. If Thomas could hit FTs, he would be a very valuable inside guy for them.

UNC is a team with no heart. They don't have a dude who wills them through tough stretches. Maye was a total non-factor and allowed Simms, Thomas & Skara to completely shut him out. Berry turned into a one man offense over the last 5 minutes, but was pretty blah til then. Cam Johnson was the only one scoring for most of the game but he was getting lit up on the other end. Without Pinson they simply didn't have much other talent to turn to. Platek? Robinson? Brooks? Those three played the equivalent of a full game (42 mins combined) 1-7 FG 0-2 3FG 1-3 FT 3 pts 9 rebs 4 assists 2 TOs and 6 fouls. And absolutely nothing on the defensive end. Ol Roy better pray Theo's shoulder heals up quick

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not just talent but I think Theo is the closest thing they have to a "heart" guy. Him getting hurt was a big deal - bigger than it should have been. The other guys should be able to step up on their own.

But I do feel better about our game after watching Clemson replicate their 3 point prowess.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Amazing how bunched the ACC is in the middle this year. GT is currently in a tie for 10th (with Syracuse), but is only 1 game out of a tie for 5th and 1/2 game out of a tie for 8th.

I'm expecting we are going to see a thin gold line the rest of the year for GT with Curtis now officially out for the season. Over the last couple of games Lammers has started to look a little better.
6 man rotation with maybe Even getting a handful of min.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
0A28D47F-8839-447E-A032-6182AD424006.jpeg

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami is certainly athletic enough to stay w VT. I just can't forget how they looked against us.

VT generally plays man. Miami moves well against man. If VT plays zone they could blow them out. Just not anything I have seen them do (though I admit not watching a ton of VT BB).
Miami looked as bad against our zone as I have seen - fond memories of clogged toilet sessions :censored: Not sure why anyone would play man against them.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow - St Johns takes down Duke. Fun game to watch.
Grayson Allen is not playing well and not enough firepower to make up for it. Doubt we can follow their model though as St Johns made shots all game - especially from 3. They did break down Duke guards from the top of the key which would be great to see Jose and JO do. That led to a lot of good shots if we can replicate it.