ACC Discussion

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Multiple on their bench should get more but K’s substitution pattern makes CJP look like Hewitt
Someone needs to tell the winningest coach of all time that you can't win playing 7 or less. He'll probably have a short career like other failed examples in Self, Wright and Boeheim. ;)

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Someone needs to tell the winningest coach of all time that you can't win playing 7 or less. He'll probably have a short career like other failed examples in Self, Wright and Boeheim. ;)

Oh not my point kind sir. While I don't like him much at all I do respect him. Machiavelli would be proud.
On a separate note, it will be interesting to see the impact of no substitutions against UVA when they have their Monday game against ND. K spoke at length after the UVA game about how physical and draining that game was. However, of course the ACC schedulers made sure Duke had both games at home when they had their Saturday/Monday turnaround and Duke played early afternoon Saturday while ND played the late game. Funny how those things work.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Oh not my point kind sir. While I don't like him much at all I do respect him. Machiavelli would be proud.
On a separate note, it will be interesting to see the impact of no substitutions against UVA when they have their Monday game against ND. K spoke at length after the UVA game about how physical and draining that game was. However, of course the ACC schedulers made sure Duke had both games at home when they had their Saturday/Monday turnaround and Duke played early afternoon Saturday while ND played the late game. Funny how those things work.
Almost edited my post to be clear that I was only using your post as a segue, not rebutting it.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You want to talk about two contrasting games. First watched the Duke-UVA game. Then after it was over watched Pitt vs Syracuse. Two games that ended with similar scores that couldn't have felt more different in watching them. Great game for sidibe yesterday on a day when no one else for Syracuse really played well. Pitt has just no inside presence and teams have taken advantage of it all year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
You want to talk about two contrasting games. First watched the Duke-UVA game. Then after it was over watched Pitt vs Syracuse. Two games that ended with similar scores that couldn't have felt more different in watching them. Great game for sidibe yesterday on a day when no one else for Syracuse really played well. Pitt has just no inside presence and teams have taken advantage of it all year.
And I recommend that no one watch the Pitt vs. Syracuse game, unless
  1. you hate yourself
  2. you love terrible basketball

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And I recommend that no one watch the Pitt vs. Syracuse game, unless
  1. you hate yourself
  2. you love terrible basketball

I watched it mainly to watch Syracuse for Wednesday night. That was not a fun game to watch. Syracuse did not shoot well against Pitt, so they will probably hit 60% from three against GT, been that sort of year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I can only imagine what Felton had to do, and what independent proof had to exist, to get suspended by U(sic)NC.
It will be interesting. He has been getting all the PG minutes that Berry did not consume. Their other PG, Seventh Woods is injured and I have not read anything about a timetable for his return. I bet we'll hear something soon.

Also, suspended is different from outright dismissal.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I can only imagine what Felton had to do, and what independent proof had to exist, to get suspended by U(sic)NC.

They’ll probably apply the Coach K rule: indefinite suspension until they play an important game. And then it’s “He’s paid his dues!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Someone in the ESPN prep department forget to tell Bilas about our game with Clemson. He keeps saying Clemson isn't really a 3 point shooting team. :oops: