ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They are below UNC or Duke at every position, but they are probably at worst equivalent to everybody else at every position.

slugboy

Staff member
They are below UNC or Duke at every position, but they are probably at worst equivalent to everybody else at every position.
Was that about Wake or NCST? Couldn't tell who the reply was for.

FWIW, I just looked at our schedule. I'd much rather have Pitt twice than Notre Dame twice, but if we get lucky, maybe we do OK.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
A win against Pitt at home will likely drop our RPI. Be glad we only play them once and it's on the road. Just be damn sure we win that game.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
That sucks for Johnson. Hope it's minor and that he's back on court soon. I don't like UNCheat, but Johnson seems like a decent kid. And after the BS Stallings pulled, I hope he has a really good year (just not when he plays us)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That sucks for Johnson. Hope it's minor and that he's back on court soon. I don't like UNCheat, but Johnson seems like a decent kid. And after the BS Stallings pulled, I hope he has a really good year (just not when he plays us)
Depending on the severity of the tear and how motivated he is toward his therapy, we will likely see him fully recovered.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I will be really curious if the NBA general managers agree with Silver and want to commit their scouts time to AAU tourneys.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I will be really curious if the NBA general managers agree with Silver and want to commit their scouts time to AAU tourneys.

I think they're trying to follow the baseball route whereby the dleague/gleague is an actual minor league system. Would change the model for everyone top to bottom.

Why create complicated rules to resolve the last rule that was no good. Why not let people go to the NBA whenever they are ready and the NBA wants them? Isn't that the way it was many moons ago?

Because organizations weren't equipped to handle the influx of teens who were talented but not ready to contribute. (ETA: This matters because of guaranteed contracts, roster limits, etc.) Presently, most teams are able to handle it but some changes need to be made. Particularly, they need a real minor league or club-type system.