ACC Discussion

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just to complete the circle Miami wiped Navy by 40.

Family ties to Navy - had to text to ask why they were beating up on the poor little ACC after the Pitt game.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is currently down to #142 on Kenpom. 2 years ago with their winless season in conference play BC made it all the way down to 225. Can Pitt challenge that low?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Wake lost. Syracuse pulled away from Iona late. BC struggled in the first half against Sacred Heart but cruised in the 2nd. Obviously most eyes are on Duke for ACC teams today though

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wake has a lot of talent I think they will be fine. BC is the #14 team and Cuse might be the #13 team so it’s not surprising they are struggling.

NC State and Clemson have both looked pretty good. UVA looks really good.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i think Wake is potentially going to be in alot of trouble. Having talent doesn't make you a good team.
Danny Manning has not proven to be a good bench coach yet - he has recruited well though. He's never won more than 21 games in the season or won a post season game (NCAA, NIT, CIB, etc).
Wake's defense still looks pretty crappy.

I think NCST might overperform. Especially with Beverly eligible, they have alot of talent. Probably top 5 or 6 in the league in terms of talent.

BC has been pretty good early on. Their starting 5 is really solid, they lack depth though.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
i think Wake is potentially going to be in alot of trouble. Having talent doesn't make you a good team.
Danny Manning has not proven to be a good bench coach yet - he has recruited well though. He's never won more than 21 games in the season or won a post season game (NCAA, NIT, CIB, etc).
Wake's defense still looks pretty crappy.

I think NCST might overperform. Especially with Beverly eligible, they have alot of talent. Probably top 5 or 6 in the league in terms of talent.

BC has been pretty good early on. Their starting 5 is really solid, they lack depth though.
I wonder how many of NC States players were seriously recruited by Duke or UNC? I agree they are talented, but they seem to be just below those two at almost every position.