ACC Discussion 2020

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Serious question... Who & When will a team other than Clemson be ACC Champs?
If Clemson is ever going to be dethroned, next year is the year. With Covid’s eligibility rules, you never know exactly what might happen with players leaving/staying, but they’re projected to lose their starting: QB, RB, 2 best WRs, C, 2 best LBs, and S. Those are just the seniors.
They could also lose Justyn Ross, their starting LT, and a starting CB to the draft as juniors.

I don’t think they’ll have an LSU level drop-off, but they’ll probably be noticeably worse. Also potential for either Elliot or Venables to leave and take a HC job somewhere.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, A&M deserves it more based on today's performances.
FL loses to LSU & committee moves them down 1 spot. ND can move twice as many (2 spots) & still be #4. The committee will have to twist into a pretzel to explain keeping ND out after what they did with Florida... they can do it, but the rationale will be ... well ... entertaining.

My early prediction on semifinal match ups...

ALABAMA v NOTRE DAME
CLEMSON v OHIO ST

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FL loses to LSU & committee moves them down 1 spot. ND can move twice as many (2 spots) & still be #4. The committee will have to twist into a pretzel to explain keeping ND out after what they did with Florida... they can do it, but the rationale will be ... well ... entertaining.

My early prediction on semifinal match ups...

ALABAMA v NOTRE DAME
CLEMSON v OHIO ST

That was then. Who is playing the best now?

Just thought I'd throw a shade on ND. Baseball is coming.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Notre Dame deserves it more than Ohio State who has 4 wins against 3 or less win teams and then Indiana and Northwestern, both of which OSU barely won. I'll take a 10-1 Notre Dame in the playoffs over a 6-0 Ohio State.

Obviously we need more teams in the playoffs .......

It'll be interesting. OSU hasn't been embarrassed this year. I think it's between A&M and ND.

Deleted member 2897

Obviously we need more teams in the playoffs .......

It'll be interesting. OSU hasn't been embarrassed this year. I think it's between A&M and ND.

There’s 1 team who is the best in the country. If you can’t even get into the top 4, you have no business being considered over the 4+ teams ahead of you.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Good. Won’t forget about him tricking the refs into a late hit call when his damn foot is still sitting in bounds and then walking up to Juanyeh to laugh in his face. And that 175lb RB thinking he’s tough running on our 3rd string DL. That game will be circled for me.
What number will you be wearing? Don't let us down. 😎

slugboy

Staff member
I'm stretching the bounds here, but South Carolina at 2-8 is in the Gasparilla Bowl, in a season they fired their coach.

The Military Bowl and the Armed Forces Bowl are still on. Army is 7-2. They aren't in a bowl.

Maybe we could have gone this year, but it's ALL messed up.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm stretching the bounds here, but South Carolina at 2-8 is in the Gasparilla Bowl, in a season they fired their coach.

The Military Bowl and the Armed Forces Bowl are still on. Army is 7-2. They aren't in a bowl.

Army is in Independence Bowl. Opponent TBD.
Ouch. I stand corrected. Things changing quickly. Looks like Independence Bowl isn't happening.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer

We sent players home after Pitt and turned a bowl down.