ACC Discussion 2020

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Good to see that the ACC has more teams ranked than any other conference.
And realizing college teams change every year due to personnel turnover, it makes our schedule look very tough next year. Based on current rankings, next year's opponents include: @Clemson #2, @Notre Dame #4, Georgia #9, North Carolina #13, @Miami #18. We will certainly be underdogs in all of these games. Remaining games out of conference Kennesaw St, Northern Illinois (should be favored in both), Remaining Conference Home Games Boston College, Pitt, VA Tech (maybe favored in 1 or 2), Remaining Conference Away Games Duke, Virginia (maybe favored in 1). So getting to 6 wins will be a challenge.

Deleted member 2897

Congratulations to Duke, for finishing last in the ACC for the 14th time in the last 26 years. A truly amazing level of consistency. If only the ACC media would take this into consideration when they vote for teams like us who never finish last. Even Clemson has finished last more in the last 25 years than we have.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Congratulations to Duke, for finishing last in the ACC for the 14th time in the last 26 years. A truly amazing level of consistency. If only the ACC media would take this into consideration when they vote for teams like us who never finish last. Even Clemson has finished last more in the last 25 years than we have.

I will never understand why you believe what happened in the 90s has any impact on today's game.

GT_EE78

Banned
Dank it now I have to do research to see if Mr Duke the mayo kind is the same Mr Duke the University namesake
nope - James Buchanon Duke is the university guy, same tobacco magnet as Duke Energy. The mayo ( and certainly Duke's mayo is the finest in US history- it ain't a real mater sandwich without Duke's) Eugenia Duke created Duke's Mayonnaise in 1917, in Greenville, South Carolina
here's a photo of the mayo factory(still standing)
1608581882639.jpeg

GT_EE78

Banned
looks like 28 bowls will play.
16 bowls cancelled
22 teams opted out including GT
ranking the bowl games
ACC lowest at 19 highest #1
mayo#17 and 3 more in top 10

Deleted member 2897

I will never understand why you believe what happened in the 90s has any impact on today's game.

Well I guess 2 thoughts:
1) i’m not saying what you’re saying that I’m saying.
2) I continue to be correct in the end, so there’s that.

Maybe someday you can come around to the idea that certain programs just have it in their DNA to be losers. They prove it year after year over decades.

slugboy

Staff member

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

This is a composite (average) ranking/rating of a combo of 60 computer rankings & polls. Here's how Ga Tech shakes out among ACC (out of 127 teams)

2 - Clemson
4- Notre Dame
16 - Miami
17 - UNC
34 - NC State
41 - Pittsburgh
45 - Va Tech
48 - Wake Forest
49 - UVA
53 - BC
63 - Louisville
92 - FSU
95 - Ga Tech
106 - Duke
108 - Syracuse

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
And realizing college teams change every year due to personnel turnover, it makes our schedule look very tough next year. Based on current rankings, next year's opponents include: @Clemson #2, @Notre Dame #4, Georgia #9, North Carolina #13, @Miami #18. We will certainly be underdogs in all of these games. Remaining games out of conference Kennesaw St, Northern Illinois (should be favored in both), Remaining Conference Home Games Boston College, Pitt, VA Tech (maybe favored in 1 or 2), Remaining Conference Away Games Duke, Virginia (maybe favored in 1). So getting to 6 wins will be a challenge.

Miami’s 2021 season entirely hinges on whether King stays or not. Their offense will be terrible if he leaves and decent if he stays. Probably worth 3 wins on their O/U by himself. Honestly can’t even remember the last decent QB they developed themselves. Dorsey?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There is no way of knowing what those teams are going to look like next year. They may be better or worse. We will see but Tech has to improve on both sides of the ball to have any hope of winning 5 much less 6 games next year. I am more concerned about getting the portal players squared away in spring practice. This will be the most important off season in quite some time.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

This is a composite (average) ranking/rating of a combo of 60 computer rankings & polls. Here's how Ga Tech shakes out among ACC (out of 127 teams)

2 - Clemson
4- Notre Dame
16 - Miami
17 - UNC
34 - NC State
41 - Pittsburgh
45 - Va Tech
48 - Wake Forest
49 - UVA
53 - BC
63 - Louisville
92 - FSU
95 - Ga Tech
106 - Duke
108 - Syracuse
That seems about right but based on the two or three games I saw of the U and UNC, I would swap them in this ranking. I don't see why FSU is ranked ahead of us. We beat them and I was never impressed by them in watching their other games but maybe its just me. This conference gets more top heavy by the year. The top tier is clearly Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami and UNC. The rest of them are just cannon fodder.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
D’Eriq King announced that he’s returning to Miami

Brice, who transferred from Clemson last season, just transferred to Appalachian State. Cutcliffe has a reputation as a straight shooter, so i gathered he gave him a lot of encouragement as he didn't help them much this season. And Brice is a kid who just wants to play and has one year left.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
look at those teams and the ACC is getting way tougher. The Big 10 is the new ACC.