ACC Discussion 2020

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I am saying for being a 5 star QB, number 1 in the country, playing with the best OL and receivers in the country he doesn't look impressive. I have seen several of his completions that were bad throws that the receivers were just great at bringing in. And then several of his incompletions were awful throws. I am just saying he doesn't look any better than Jeff Sims on GT and no one can deny that we don't have nearly the stacked team as Clemson.

It tells me that Jeff Sims is just as good if not better than Clemson's backup who is the #1 QB coming into this year as a freshman.
You’ve also said that James Graham is on par with Jeff Sims in terms of play making ability. So does that mean that Graham is as good as Uiagalelei too? Is it all that strange that a guy getting his first career start with one day to get prepared doesn’t look like a Heisman winner? Clemson’s biggest issue right now is that they can’t run the ball. Etienne has 11 carries for 29 yards. That’s way more of a concern for them than 19-26 for 220 yards.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson's backup QB looks like dog****. He was the number 1 QB coming out of high school but he keeps making horrible throws, missing receivers, and overall looks like he has never played football. Jeff Sims looks like a better QB which is really impressive, makes me hopeful for our future at GT!
He was 19/26 for 222 yards and a TD with no Ints in the first half. What more are you looking for In someone’s first start?

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know what the hell game some of you are watching. Uigalelei looks pretty damned good. He is 19 of 26 for 222 yards and a TD and no INTs, and no they are not all dump-offs to Etienne, he's going downfield often with frozen rope throws. This is most certainly NOT on Uigalelei. Clem's D is sleep-walking. BC has scored 14 of their 28 off Clem mistakes. This would have been 24-14 Clem at the half.

Four game-changing plays for BC in the first half... the Etienne fumble just before scoring a TD is returned 99 yards the other way. Then THREE on that one TD drive alone: The borderline roughing the passer penalty that nullified the interception that would have given Clem the ball, then the brilliant 4th and 2 play when they broke out of the FG formation and rushed up under center, and a Clem linebacker rushed up and knocked one of his D-linemen offsides giving BC the first down, and the most recent one was that fantastic catch by the BC WR in the end zone, snagging the ball from his shoe tops off the deflection.

Four game changing plays is what you need to beat the #1 team in the country at their place. Let's see if Clem can compose themselves and get back into this... lots of time left.

Last edited:

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
You’ve also said that James Graham is on par with Jeff Sims in terms of play making ability. So does that mean that Graham is as good as Uiagalelei too?
No, I said Graham does stuff that Jeff Sims doesn't and vice versa. They are different but I think Sims has a higher ceiling.

He was 19/26 for 222 yards and a TD with no Ints in the first half. What more are you looking for In someone’s first start?
And again, as I said, he plays on a great team with a great OL and receivers so his numbers of course will be good. But some of his throws look bad, he doesn't look any better than Sims who plays on a less talented team. That's my point. Sims and Uiagalelei look very similar which gives me hop for GT's future!

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
I also have to laugh at the memory of 2000, when we made that mad comeback at the end of the game and Watkins made the winning catch with 7 seconds left. The photo was perfectly composed to capture the exact moment all the life was sucked out of Clem's stadium.

Halloween has certainly been an "Unkindness" to Clem!

10000921.jpg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
And again, as I said, he plays on a great team with a great OL and receivers so his numbers of course will be good. But some of his throws look bad, he doesn't look any better than Sims who plays on a less talented team. That's my point. Sims and Uiagalelei look very similar which gives me hop for GT's future!
If that’s your point, maybe lead with that next time. Not “he looks like dogsh*t” and “he looks like he’s never played football before.” That’s an easy way to end up on Clown St.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
If that’s your point, maybe lead with that next time. Not “he looks like dogsh*t” and “he looks like he’s never played football before.” That’s an easy way to end up on Clown St.
Yes he's showing good backpedal skills... like a DB playing prevent to limit the damage.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
End up on Clown St. I love that, I need am going use that in the future LOL. But maybe that was a bit extreme to say he looks like dog****. I was just underwhelmed by his performance when you look at what he has around him compared to Sims. It makes you wonder what Sims would be doing on Clemson, and makes you wonder what our future will look like if we can clean up our gameplay and get recruits. I am hopeful!

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, Uigalelei looks every bit a five star top QB. I mean EVERY BIT. Amazing size and strength, cannon arm with accuracy, and speed at 250 pounds! The production today is no dropoff from Lawrence. And he's a true freshman. The Clem QB train just keeps rolling down the line.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
He is now. Clemson was sleepwalking the first half, likely looking ahead to Notre Dame.
Oh come on man, just give it up and admit you were wrong. Uigalelei has looked very good to excellent since the game started. BC's offense and Clemson's defense is what gave BC the big lead. And I have been watching since the introductions.

I love Sims but I would swap him for Uigalelei 10 times out of 10. That is no swipe at Sims, he just isn't at Uigalelei's level. I only hope Sims can resemble some of what Uigalelei is right now.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh come on man, just give it up and admit you were wrong. Uigalelei has looked very good to excellent since the game started.
Nah, he made very bad throws (good ones too) that his receivers had to make great plays on, this was likely just first time starting jitters, as wells as several just bad throws that were incomplete. He didn't look like a 5 star QB to me when you consider what is around him, but since the start of the second half he looks really good.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Some of ya'll are smoking some potent stuff, or had too much to drink. Not sure what you're looking at in terms of QB play.

Both QBs are playing well. Clemson's D is what's looking like dog poop.

Deleted member 2897

looks like the ACC won't have a team in the playoffs ( Yea I know ND but they are not a real ACC team till they join )

I still think we get 2 in. Pac12 and BigTen should be excluded - nobody with 6 or 7 wins should get in.

The big question is does Notre Dame get in at 10-2 with both losses against the #1 Clemson team. I’d take them at 10-2 over a 7-0 or 8-0 team.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I still think we get 2 in. Pac12 and BigTen should be excluded - nobody with 6 or 7 wins should get in.

The big question is does Notre Dame get in at 10-2 with both losses against the #1 Clemson team. I’d take them at 10-2 over a 7-0 or 8-0 team.
I think the most likely scenario for 2 ACC teams is ND winning next weekend and then Clemson winning the championship. Both games need to be close though.