ACC Discussion 2020

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
This Clemson game is over. They look like they have never played football before, or that they are just throwing the game away (I know they aren't but they are playing so bad it looks like they are doing it on purpose.)

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson's backup QB looks like dog****. He was the number 1 QB coming out of high school but he keeps making horrible throws, missing receivers, and overall looks like he has never played football. Jeff Sims looks like a better QB which is really impressive, makes me hopeful for our future at GT!

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
BC had a solid foundation to work with. They have NFL players in the trenches in their OLine added a slew of transfers and have been well coached team.

Very good strategy to work from when building a program. That offense is clicking right now.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching Clemson’s 5 star QB miss throws makes me wonder what some of our fans would be saying.

I’m sure Some would be saying to play Graham over him...

On a serious note, I like Sims game better than this kid. He’s playing behind a significantly better OL, has more talent all around him, and still looks rusty.

I know he doesn’t have as much experience, but I like what I’ve seen out of Sims and his potential over this guy.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson's backup QB looks like dog****. He was the number 1 QB coming out of high school but he keeps making horrible throws, missing receivers, and overall looks like he has never played football. Jeff Sims looks like a better QB which is really impressive, makes me hopeful for our future at GT!
Haha was typing the same thing as you posted this.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
On a serious note, I like Sims game better than this kid. He’s playing behind a significantly better OL, has more talent all around him, and still looks rusty.
This. This guy at Clemson was the #1 QB coming out of high school last year, he is a freshman, and plays behind a better OL, has better receivers, etc. And yet Jeff Sims looks like a way better QB. It makes me excited for our future at GT with Jeff Sims.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
He’s 19-26 for 222 yards and a TD no INTs. Wtf game are you watching? Etienne is being shutdown, and the botched snap on the goal line hurt, but Uiagalelei is playing fine.

I’m starting to think you know nothing about QBs

LibertyTurns

Banned
19 for 26, 222 yds at half & that sucks? Gimme some of that!

Milwaukee

Banned
Didnt Watch but my guess is 3 or 4 of those are dump offs to ETN. He has a big arm but looks to not be very accurate and not ver mobile based on what I’ve seen since I started watching.
Correct. The long td pass he has was actually a dump off to ETN on a blown coverage. He’s missed several throws but he’s not why they’re losing.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
He’s 19-26 for 222 yards and a TD no INTs. Wtf game are you watching? Etienne is being shutdown, and the botched snap on the goal line hurt, but Uiagalelei is playing fine.

I started watching when they were down 21-7. All I’ve seen is him miss easy throws with no pressure.

He has made a couple nice passes across the middle. Most of his completions that I’ve seen have been the WR having to make a good catch too.

He has a strong arm and I’m sure will be good. Based on what I’ve seen, I take Sims. I know it’s a small sample size, but he’s had more clean pockets in the one quarter that I watched than Sims has had all year. Sims also can make things happen with his legs. Doesn’t look like DJ has the ability.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Correct. The long td pass he has was actually a dump off to ETN on a blown coverage. He’s missed several throws but he’s not why they’re losing.
That fumble at the goaline that was returned for a td was a killer. 14 point swing.

Looks like Venables’ D is getting beat up a good beat too.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow

I am saying for being a 5 star QB, number 1 in the country, playing with the best OL and receivers in the country he doesn't look impressive. I have seen several of his completions that were bad throws that the receivers were just great at bringing in. And then several of his incompletions were awful throws. I am just saying he doesn't look any better than Jeff Sims on GT and no one can deny that we don't have nearly the stacked team as Clemson.

It tells me that Jeff Sims is just as good if not better than Clemson's backup who is the #1 QB coming into this year as a freshman.

Milwaukee

Banned
That fumble at the goaline that was returned for a td was a killer. 14 point swing.

Looks like Venables’ D is getting beat up a good beat too.
That’s the big shocker to most, BC moving the ball consistently. I had BC keeping this one close even before Trevor was out, they’re that solid. Shoulda beat Carolina.
Clemson probably pulls this out thinly but a damn good performance from BC regardless.