ACC Discussion 2020

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Michigan State will beat someone who beats Ohio State
The refs aren't going to let that happen LMAO. They were protecting Ohio State today and will likely all season because OSU is the Big 10's only chance of making the playoffs.

Deleted member 2897

The refs aren't going to let that happen LMAO. They were protecting Ohio State today and will likely all season because OSU is the Big 10's only chance of making the playoffs.

Almost everybody on Nebraska got a targeting penalty today.

Deleted member 2897

Okay, I am now willing to say Notre Dame may have the best defense in the ACC LOL.

Deleted member 2897

Interesting that the all-purpose guy they voted on (Travis Etienne) is actually 5th in that category.

Also found it interesting their offensive rookie of the year is a receiver who averages 69 yards per game. That feels like a 'who cares' pick. Overall (apy), Addison averages 83 yards per game. Jahmyr Gibbs averages 144 yards per game. Jeff Sims averages 245 yards per game. Addison has 3 TDs. Jahmyr Gibbs has 5 TDs. Jeff Sims has 12 TDs. I could see how some people say Sims' turnovers prohibit him from being considered. But Gibbs' stats are nearly 2x Addison's in yardage and scores.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Also found it interesting their offensive rookie of the year is a receiver who averages 69 yards per game. That feels like a 'who cares' pick. Overall (apy), Addison averages 83 yards per game. Jahmyr Gibbs averages 144 yards per game.

I wouldn't say it was a who cares pick. He's currently #2 in conference in receiving yards. He's a hell of a player.

Also, all purpose yards are always something to take with a grain of salt, especially when it includes KO returns because even a mediocre or bad KO return can be 20 yards.

Still Gibbs has a solid case with over 100 offensive yards per game to about 75 for Addison. Gibbs is definitely hurt by his production being split pretty evenly between running and receiving though.

Deleted member 2897

I wouldn't say it was a who cares pick. He's currently #2 in conference in receiving yards. He's a hell of a player.

Also, all purpose yards are always something to take with a grain of salt, especially when it includes KO returns because even a mediocre or bad KO return can be 20 yards.

Still Gibbs has a solid case with over 100 offensive yards per game to about 75 for Addison. Gibbs is definitely hurt by his production being split pretty evenly between running and receiving though.

According to the ACC, Addison is 9th in receiving yards per game, 20th in offensive yards per game, and 19th in all purpose yards per game. Gibbs is 7th in offensive yards per game and 4th in all purpose yards per game.

In offensive yards, Gibbs averages 103 yards per game. Addison averages 75 yards per game. 7th place versus 20th place. Gibbs averages 1 TD per game. Addison averages 0.4 TDs per game.

I can't figure out any metric under which Addison makes more sense as an offensive rookie of the year candidate.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

Especially when a team is getting kicked off to a lot due to being scored on often...

I find it hard to complain about Gibbs being snubbed over Etienne. Dude is probably the best back (and arguably player) in CFB.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
According to the ACC, Addison is 9th in receiving yards per game, 20th in offensive yards per game, and 19th in all purpose yards per game. Gibbs is 7th in offensive yards per game and 4th in all purpose yards per game.

I was just talking total receiving yards where that link is showing he is third, but their numbers for Taj Harris don't match up with what ESPN has. Not sure which is incorrect. Overall though Pitt has played 7 games while nobody else in conference has played more than 6 while several at 5. That boosts Addison's overall numbers currently but as all teams get to the same number of games that will even out.

Anyways, I would agree that I would take Gibbs right now over him, but Addison is legit and this is just a fun midseason thing from two people, not the official award. I don't think it is a horrendous pick or anything.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Or Sims. I’d like to get more than one player on that list. It’s been a while since we did.
I don't disagree. I can understand why two people not familiar with our program would see the turnovers and not choose Sims. We still have games left for Sims and Gibbs to prove their case.

Deleted member 2897

I don't disagree. I can understand why two people not familiar with our program would see the turnovers and not choose Sims. We still have games left for Sims and Gibbs to prove their case.

if Gibbs keeps going the way he is, I think he’ll be fine. He has 50% more yards and more than 2x the scoring rate of the guy who is currently leading in some people’s minds.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Dang maybe BC is a better team than we’ve been giving them credit for
I am wondering why Trevor Lawrence being out is making Clemson just fold as a team? What does he have to do with defense? But let's not get ahead of ourselves Clemson will pull it out and step on the gas, I am guessing they are looking ahead to Notre Dame so they are sleeping on BC.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Dang maybe BC is a better team than we’ve been giving them credit for
We don't get credit to anybody about being good all we do is get pissed when we lose. But we are not the only fan base all of them do it. I'm sure when other fan bases see us on their schedule they look at it as a win for them. ( sad part most the time they are right)