ACC Discussion 2020

Milwaukee

Banned
The caveat is only if the whole league drops below a 6 game average. And I think I heard they would need just about every B10 game cancelled down the stretch to hit that rule. So unless I’ve counted wrong, if they don’t play and beat MSU and Michigan they’re out.
Correct. 10 of the 12 remaining conference games would have to be cancelled for the average to drop in OhioSt’s favor, I believe that’s what I read.

Deleted member 2897

I mentioned this earlier this season, but the Syracuse loss will continue to look worse than it was (and it wasn't pretty in the first place, obviously).

Babers: We’re missing one-third of our team

This includes the starting QB, who was out for the season shortly after our game. The back-ups are far from ACC caliber. At times they were on a 5th string RB. A starting OL is a converted FB. Etc. Etc. Fortunately they've largely avoided COVID as a cause for attrition.

Meh, so what. They’re worse than when we played them for sure, but who cares really. We all know that game was a mess.

Deleted member 2897

You may be right, but I haven't seen it stated. But, w/o OSU it's the ACC/SEC Playoff game. I don't think that happens. Another interesting twist is what happens if ND beats Clemson again?

As well it should be, since pretty much everyone else didn’t want to play football. So if you don’t want to play football, then don’t. I’m okay with that. See you in 2021.

If ND wins, then it’s Alabama, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, then someone like Cincinnati if they’re undefeated. Or Florida if they beat Alabama in the SECCG. Or Coastal Carolina if they beat ranked BYU and Cincinnati loses. Really, it’s Alabama vs Notre Dame. Everyone else is just lucky to be there, so they can’t complain.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned this earlier this season, but the Syracuse loss will continue to look worse than it was (and it wasn't pretty in the first place, obviously).

This includes the starting QB, who was out for the season shortly after our game. The back-ups are far from ACC caliber. At times they were on a 5th string RB. A starting OL is a converted FB. Etc. Etc. Fortunately they've largely avoided COVID as a cause for attrition.
And yet they never gave up or gave in to the ready excuse. They played hard every game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Meh, so what. They’re worse than when we played them for sure, but who cares really. We all know that game was a mess.
Well to start, this is an ACC Discussion thread. Second, I'd say those who are using NC State's last game as a relative comparison to us might care. Third, perhaps some will continue to use their lone win as a barometer for "scoring" GT's season, and this offers context.

On the latter two points, I'll concede that most likely folks will just choose whatever narrative they believed regardless of the changing circumstances at Syracuse.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
He’s not wrong. ACC is protecting the money 💴.
The SEC had their chance to schedule 10+1, but they wanted to duck any chance to draw a comparison. So, the ACC is playing a 10 game schedule as is the SEC. BTW Clemson has some excellent cheese to go with that whine.

Deleted member 2897

Well to start, this is an ACC Discussion thread. Second, I'd say those who are using NC State's last game as a relative comparison to us might care. Third, perhaps some will continue to use their lone win as a barometer for "scoring" GT's season, and this offers context.

On the latter two points, I'll concede that most likely folks will just choose whatever narrative they believed regardless of the changing circumstances at Syracuse.

Most importantly, I just want to wipe that game from memory. What shade of feces it represents doesn’t really matter. 😃. Honestly it’s just different flavors of suck depending on your perspective.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
You know what? If GT wins this weekend we have 4 wins, and we have played a tougher schedule than Ohio State. Clemson, ND, and Miami all on our schedule ranked in the top 10. I think we deserve a spot in the playoffs. I mean we can just retroactively cancel our games we lost and say we are 4-0 with a tough schedule and the committee should let us in, right? I mean if Ohio State gets to get in with their weak schedule only playing 4-5 games I see no reason why we can't get in. LOL

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer

I’ve watched more Syracuse this season than I ever had previously. I say it sincerely that this may be Dino Babers best coaching job. A lot of teams would just fold with their injuries but Cuse has been competitive in most games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wish the ACC would find a way to get all the scheduled games in... but the SEC commish needs to stay out of another conference's business. Not a good look.

Having said that... Part of me likes the petty pot shots. Entertaining.