ACC Discussion 2020

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
31-0 end of first quarter, Clemson over Pitt. They can score 80 against near anybody they want - more confirmation of that.
I think it pretty much confirms that the backup QB was the reason they lost to ND. He looked lost and out of sorts compared to Lawrence, understandably so since he is a true freshman starting his second game, but yeah if Lawrence was in there I think they beat ND pretty handedly. We will get to see that in the ACCCG.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I think it pretty much confirms that the backup QB was the reason they lost to ND. He looked lost and out of sorts compared to Lawrence, understandably so since he is a true freshman starting his second game, but yeah if Lawrence was in there I think they beat ND pretty handedly. We will get to see that in the ACCCG.
29-44, 439 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.
You also said this about him when he was 19-26 with over 200 yards and no interceptions in the first half against BC...:
Clemson's backup QB looks like dog****. He was the number 1 QB coming out of high school but he keeps making horrible throws, missing receivers, and overall looks like he has never played football. Jeff Sims looks like a better QB which is really impressive, makes me hopeful for our future at GT!
I don’t know what kind of personal vendetta you have against the guy, but Uiagalelei is one of the best QBs in the country and would be starting at all but a handful of schools.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
He had good stats yes, but you could tell on several plays he made a mental error or looked shaken up and made mistakes that Trevor Lawrence wouldn't make. His inexperience is what cost them the game in my opinion, if Lawrence was playing they beat ND by at least 14.

Deleted member 2897

You also said this about him when he was 19-26 with over 200 yards and no interceptions in the first half against BC...:

I don’t know what kind of personal vendetta you have against the guy, but Uiagalelei is one of the best QBs in the country and would be starting at all but a handful of schools.

He lost. Nearly twice. He’s no Trevor Lawrence. All the games before and after confirm that. Lawrence had 200 yards passing today with 2 TDs in the first quarter.

44 passes to get 2 TDs. Lawrence does that about every 15-18 passes.

Milwaukee

Banned
WHAT??
That was probably the greatest debut for a freshman QB we’ve ever seen.
Wow.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
He lost. Nearly twice. He’s no Trevor Lawrence. All the games before and after confirm that. Lawrence had 200 yards passing today with 2 TDs in the first quarter.

44 passes to get 2 TDs. Lawrence does that about every 15-18 passes.
I never said he was Trevor Lawrence. But the guy is acting like he was Reggie Ball out there. He gave his team a chance to win the game. That’s all you can ask for out a QB, especially a freshman making his first start on the road against a top 5 team. Etienne ran for less than 28 yards on 18 carries. Clemson gave up 33 points in regulation. To act like Uiagalelei lost them that game is ludicrous.

Also, did you just compare playing Notre Dame on the road to Pitt at home?

Deleted member 2897

I never said he was Trevor Lawrence. But the guy is acting like he was Reggie Ball out there. He gave his team a chance to win the game. That’s all you can ask for out a QB, especially a freshman making his first start on the road against a top 5 team. Etienne ran for less than 28 yards on 18 carries. Clemson gave up 33 points in regulation. To act like Uiagalelei lost them that game is ludicrous.

Also, did you just compare playing Notre Dame on the road to Pitt at home?

Boston College.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
WHAT??
That was probably the greatest debut for a freshman QB we’ve ever seen.
BC was his debut and he almost lost that game. And then lost to ND... Trevor Lawrence never lost a game his freshman year and then didn't lose until he played LSU in the championship game and that was against Burrow who had the greatest season a QB could of had. Please. Uiagaleilei is no Trevor Lawrence, but is definitely talented.

Milwaukee

Banned
We’re gonna act like Pitt at Death Valley is the machine that is 2020 Notre Dame in South Bend??
Guys, what are we even doing anymore...Jesus Christ. CU can win that rematch with Trevor and that still doesn’t even at all mean “DJ was the reason CU lost to Notre Dame...in South Bend”

Y’all better stop imma come unglued on some of ya 😂

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
that still doesn’t even at all mean “DJ was the reason CU lost to Notre Dame...in South Bend”
I mean there were several plays where he made mistakes Lawrence wouldn't have made... And like I said, Trevor Lawrence never lost his freshman year, took CU to the championship game and beat Bama's ***. DJ lost to ND.

Deleted member 2897

We’re gonna act like Pitt at Death Valley is the machine that is 2020 Notre Dame in South Bend??
Guys, what are we even doing anymore...Jesus Christ. CU can win that rematch with Trevor and that still doesn’t even at all mean “DJ was the reason CU lost to Notre Dame...in South Bend”

Y’all better stop imma come unglued on some of ya 😂

Not sure anybody is saying DJ is why they lost. Just saying the difference between the two is night and day.

So Pitt tries a flea flicker and gets intercepted by Clemson. Dabo the clown troll calls it right back and they score on a long bomb. That guy probably takes it personally at McDonalds if you order the same combo as him.
It's the rest of the Conference's Job to Recruit better players, start taking FB seriously, and then start putting our boot in Dabo's folksy azz

Once we start doing that, Dabo's quirks won't bother anyone anymore

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Boston College.
30-41, 342 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
6 carries, 25 yards, 1 TD
Etienne had 20 carries for 84 yards and Clemson allowed 28 points in the first half.

What games are you guys watching? Nobody thinks that Uiagalelei is better than Lawrence, but he is better than 95% of QBs in college football right now. The only schools that he wouldn’t start for today are Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, Clemson of course, and maybe North Carolina. Every other school in the country would kill to get D.J.

But since you guys are dead set on comparing DJ to Lawrence, in TLaws first start against Syracuse in 2018 he was 17-29 for 176 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, and 2 lost fumbles. Clemson barely beat Syracuse at home 27-23. In DJs only 2 starts he’s thrown for over 340 yards both games with 3 TDs and 0 INTs. It took Lawrence 3 games to break 340 and he only did it 4 times in the 11 games he started. Lawrence also had 17(!!!) turnovers his freshman year.

It’s no surprise DJ as a true freshman isn’t as good as Lawrence as a junior with over 30 starts under his belt. But DJ is not the reason Clemson lost to Notre Dame. Might have Clemson beaten them with Lawrence at QB? Maybe. But they very easily could have beaten them with DJ playing as well. It’s a team game you know.

Milwaukee

Banned
Etienne had 20 carries for 84 yards and Clemson allowed 28 points in the first half.

What games are you guys watching? Nobody thinks that Uiagalelei is better than Lawrence, but he is better than 95% of QBs in college football right now. The only schools that he wouldn’t start for today are Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, Clemson of course, and maybe North Carolina. Every other school in the country would kill to get D.J.

But since you guys are dead set on comparing DJ to Lawrence, in TLaws first start against Syracuse in 2018 he was 17-29 for 176 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, and 2 lost fumbles. Clemson barely beat Syracuse at home 27-23. In DJs only 2 starts he’s thrown for over 340 yards both games with 3 TDs and 0 INTs. It took Lawrence 3 games to break 340 and he only did it 4 times in the 11 games he started. Lawrence also had 17(!!!) turnovers his freshman year.

It’s no surprise DJ as a true freshman isn’t as good as Lawrence as a junior with over 30 starts under his belt. But DJ is not the reason Clemson lost to Notre Dame. Might have Clemson beaten them with Lawrence at QB? Maybe. But they very easily could have beaten them with DJ playing as well. It’s a team game you know.
Edit: yup

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

LOL, You’re arguing with yourself