ACC Discussion 2020-21

Deleted member 2897

Rat faced rat complained about not getting any foul calls and magically the refs rung us up big time. CJP needs to make a public statement before we play those bastards again. I’ll be first in line donating to the Gofundme account to reimburse him for any fine the little girl might levy on him.

Rat Face is the Lance Armstrong of college basketball. He's a good coach and a good recruiter, but he's a world class cheater and I always feel like someone's true character shows when things aren't going their way. When they have had a bad game or stretch over the years, he's a real miserable human being. We can only hope they run him out of town and make a Matt Doherty-UNC type of replacement hire.

Deleted member 2897

Latest ACC Net Rankings
6) Virginia
23) Florida State

This is really sad for the ACC.

35) Virginia Tech
38) Louisville

This could be the NCAAT cutoff if it were today, because:

48) Clemson
49) Syracuse
54) North Carolina
63) Georgia Tech
66) Notre Dame
74) Pittsburgh
75) Duke (LULZ)

I'll stop there.

Deleted member 2897

We have 5 conference losses. Out of the 15 ACC teams, here are who our losses are against:
#1 Virginia (away)
#1 Virginia (home)
#2 Florida State (away)
#4 Louisville (away)
#10 Duke (away)

Outside of Mercer and Georgia State (🤮) we only have 1 loss all season that I'd call marginally bad, and that's marginal because it was Duke at Duke.

A lot left to play for.

Deleted member 2897

We still play 3 games against the bottom 3 teams. Win those and then just 1 out of Virginia Tech, Syracuse, and Duke, and we’ll finish over 0.500 in ACC play for the second year in a row, and like the 2nd time in the last 20 years. Finish 5-1 and 11-7 will likely cement a 5 or 6 seed in the ACC, ~40 NET rating, and set us up for at least 1 win the ACCT. All of that and finishing 6 games over 0.500 is a sure NCAAT seed. We’ll likely get ****ed and get an 8/9 seed in Gonzaga’s division 😆 but you gotta start somewhere.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh happy day!

The 4th ranked player in the nation just got a crystal ball to play for his dad at Milwaukee, rather than head to the experts' general pick of dook. Pick was made by a dook pundit.

Guessing he's a 1 & done or direct to G-League possibility, but good for him for not joining the evil empire.

**** dook!

Deleted member 2897

Here's what I'm thinking for final standings, based on current schedules:
1) Virginia (15-2)
2) Florida State (12-3)
3) Virginia Tech (11-5)
4) Clemson (11-5)
5) UNC (10-7)
6) Georgia Tech (10-8)
7) Duke (9-9)
8) Notre Dame (9-9)
9) Louisville (8-7)
10) Pittsburgh (8-8)
11) Syracuse (7-11)
12) NC State (6-10)
13) Wake Forest (4-14)
14) Miami (4-15)
15) Boston College (1-14)

If this held true, we'd open against Syracuse the day after the play a game, then if we win we'd play Virginia Tech. Pittsburgh or NC State might also vie for that #11 seed. and Clemson might vie for that #3 seed. Either way, those are winnable games.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We still play 3 games against the bottom 3 teams. Win those and then just 1 out of Virginia Tech, Syracuse, and Duke, and we’ll finish over 0.500 in ACC play for the second year in a row, and like the 2nd time in the last 20 years. Finish 5-1 and 11-7 will likely cement a 5 or 6 seed in the ACC, ~40 NET rating, and set us up for at least 1 win the ACCT. All of that and finishing 6 games over 0.500 is a sure NCAAT seed. We’ll likely get ****ed and get an 8/9 seed in Gonzaga’s division 😆 but you gotta start somewhere.
I have a feeling in that scenario we end up more around 10-11 seed or a play in game. All because of those 2 damn losses to start the year. I’d honestly rather be an 11 and play a 6, then a 3. There’s not much difference this year between those seeds. It’s a pretty top heavy year in college basketball. It’s the 1 and 2 seeds then a major drop. I’d like to avoid that 8/9 or 7/10 game as much as possible. And the play in game too!