ACC Discussion 2020-21

Deleted member 2897

ok good call..

That's my concern, for the NET rankings don't we want them to look as good as possible to not hammer us with a "worse" loss?

I just think it will take care of itself. They will win games. But they're right where we are in the standings. I'd rather finish ahead of as many teams as possible, so the selection committee has to be faced with the prospect of skipping us to entertain letting anybody below us into the tournament.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
That's my concern, for the NET rankings don't we want them to look as good as possible to not hammer us with a "worse" loss?

For any team what we care about is what quadrant he game is in.

For road games 1-75 is Q1 and 76-135 is Q2

So unless duke falls below 75 then it doesn't really hurt us significantly imo.

We later play @ Miami. With their current ranking that is a Q3 game. If they move up ~15 spots it's Q2.

So it might actually be better for us that miami won if they can string some wins together and get into the Q2 category as long as the @Duke game doesn't slip down to Q2 either. That's always the balanceing act when it comes to this type of system when you play both teams.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
So the last 2 teams we've played in the last 5 days are on a COVID pause, and we have 5 games in 11 days starting on Saturday. What could go wrong?

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, this is going to be a tough stretch. If Monday’s game is an indication, we’re not going to have the depth for these quick turnarounds. Will be a tough road for sure

Deleted member 2897

And VT is about to lose. That puts us but 1 single loss behind 3rd place in the conference. A lot left to play for.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
And VT is about to lose. That puts us but 1 single loss behind 3rd place in the conference. A lot left to play for.
This is bad, right? I was fine with conceding 1st through 3rd to UVa, VT, FSU as long as we could jump these other chumps for 4th and get a bye to the quarterfinals of the ACCT. Plus Pitt is probably slotted for an 11 or 12 seed in the NCAAT after this win and that spot belongs to us.

Deleted member 2897

This is bad, right? I was fine with conceding 1st through 3rd to UVa, VT, FSU as long as we could jump these other chumps for 4th and get a bye to the quarterfinals of the ACCT. Plus Pitt is probably slotted for an 11 or 12 seed in the NCAAT after this win and that spot belongs to us.

We can still win the entire ACC outright. 😃. I hope we can stay top 4-6.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Don’t get me wrong I really, really hope we win but I’m thankful there’s now real hope for the program. I know we have not achieved our goal of making the tourney yet and this damn virus with associated reschedules not to our advantage may cost us dearly. However, it has been an enjoyable season and I love watching our team compete. Basketball has joined Beesball as games I look forward to watching. Then we got golf, another program doing well. It seemed like not too long ago, maybe less than 2 years ago, every damn sports program was flailing.

Deleted member 2897

Don’t get me wrong I really, really hope we win but I’m thankful there’s now real hope for the program. I know we have not achieved our goal of making the tourney yet and this damn virus with associated reschedules not to our advantage may cost us dearly. However, it has been an enjoyable season and I love watching our team compete. Basketball has joined Beesball as games I look forward to watching. Then we got golf, another program doing well. It seemed like not too long ago, maybe less than 2 years ago, every damn sports program was flailing.

Tennis has been doing well. Women’s basketball is on a major roll, and volleyball was absolute fire last season.

Deleted member 2897

Look at the next 6 - we should be favored in 5 of these...perhaps not @Clemson too. I'd really really be down with a 5-1 stretch. I'm glad we get Virginia on 4 days rest.

Clemson gets us on 6 days rest. Pittsburgh gets us on 4 days rest. Boston College gets us on 3 days rest. Miami gets us on 6 days rest.

Literally all 4 of the games starting after 2/10 our opponent gets significantly more rest than we do.

1612448685742.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Look at the next 6 - we should be favored in 5 of these...perhaps not @Clemson too. I'd really really be down with a 5-1 stretch. I'm glad we get Virginia on 4 days rest.

Clemson gets us on 6 days rest. Pittsburgh gets us on 4 days rest. Boston College gets us on 3 days rest. Miami gets us on 6 days rest.

Literally all 4 of the games starting after 2/10 our opponent gets significantly more rest than we do.

View attachment 9836
I predict 3-3.