ACC Discussion 2019

slugboy

Staff member
They signed a stud DT and multiple stud DE’s. We need Mack to leave before he gets that thing up and running for real.

He’s Bowden-ish but even a notch up in country boy salesmanship. There’s room for more than one good team in the Coastal, but I expect UNC to be like they were the last time Brown was HC there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
He’s Bowden-ish but even a notch up in country boy salesmanship. There’s room for more than one good team in the Coastal, but I expect UNC to be like they were the last time Brown was HC there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, with the inconsistency and the 6-6 (4-4 ACC), I'm seeing more the end of his tenure at Texas right now. You can't take a whole lot from the Temple game. Temple got destroyed by Duke last year too in the bowl.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
so clemson or tosu? i have to go with my buckeyes. should be a great game. id love to see the sec shut out of the championship again. cant happen often enough to suit me.

tosu vs ou for the natty

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
UNC is definitely the top coastal team next year. They have a legit NFL QB and that’s most of the college game. With that said, they’ll trip up a few times so the door is open as always in the coastal.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s interesting re Bowden and having been given time to develop a program. It rarely happens in this age. Too twitchy fanbases and admins looking for immediate glorification. (whose, though?)

But also reason to sit tight and see what CGC does over next seven years. Along the same line I applaud Falcons for sticking with Quinn and Dimitroff.
Remember, he was fired at WV and took over a hapless FSU. I saw them play Auburn in Tallahassee a couple of years before he got there. You could sit anywhere you wanted and have plenty of room.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The ACC had new head coaches and new QB's at multiple schools this year. Those were 2 of the reasons the league was not as strong this year.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'll have to admit that it looks like I was wrong about Mack Brown, I thought it was a terrible hire at the time but it looks like he has them headed in the right direction.
IM still not sold in Mack himself but I think what makes him look like he knows what he’s doing is the staff he has around him.

GT99

Georgia Tech Fan
IM still not sold in Mack himself but I think what makes him look like he knows what he’s doing is the staff he has around him.

A good leader surrounds himself with good people. I thought the Brown hire was strange - I thought his primary prowess was recruiting and it would take a couple seasons to get in the players he'd want. To take a team coming off a pair of 9 loss seasons and get them to 6-6 is a major success IMO.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

Honestly I’ve come around to the idea of the head coach being more of a CEO than an X’s and O’s guy. I think the national championship game this year of Dabo vs Orgeron leads credence to that.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Bama is proving how important retaining top assistant coaches is. They have top level players but the constant turnover with assistants has hurt them recently. It will be interesting to see how long Dabo can keep his.