ACC Discussion 2019-20

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sweeping Clemson plus beating an improved Miami and the Pittsburgh team that already beat us is a tall order.
Hope we are up to it.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Eight teams in the ACC have either 6 or 7 wins right now. 5th place up for grabs (so is 12th).
We'll have to play really well to beat Syracuse, Pitt and Clemson. Miami (with 5 wins) has won two straight.
Tall order, but my goal is to finish .500 in the ACC for the first time since 2007.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
16-14/11-9 probably gets us a Wednesday game in the ACCT. In that scenario we’d probably have to make it to Saturday’s final to be a Dayton/play in game type. Unfortunately, Uga Arkansas and Ball St are the ones that really hurt us. It sucks that we couldn’t take advantage of one of the worst seasons in the league as a whole in a long time.

the ARK and Ball ST games are the ones that are the killers. ARK because it was a game you had basically won and then lost on a lucky shot. Ball ST because you failed to show up against a weaker opponent.

Not getting one of the 2 games against ND really hurts as well.

Literally 2 more wins and you could be a bubble team right now. instead GT would have to go undefeated the rest of the way with likely a 1st round ACC Tourney win to get a bid or go 5-1 with at least 2 tourney wins.

You need to be at least 4 games above .500 to expect a bid and remember the Morehouse game does not count since they are not Div I. For postseason purposes GT's record is 11-13.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Watching UNC ND. Not sure what I want to see here. I’d like ND to lose to help us in the standings for seeding come Greensboro but watching Ole Roy possibly have a stroke on the sidelines with this UNC team is great too!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Either that or the over the top shake he gave Hewitt after beating us in a close game.
He is an ******* - just wish he were our *******

Deleted member 2897

Coach K is the Lance Armstrong of college basketball. Most people don't realize it, but in real life he's a sore loser, an *******, and a cheater.