ACC Discussion 2017

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I don't question Clemson's D; it's obviously awesome. But since I didn't really watch that much of the game tonight, I just questioned whether beating Auburn, especially as close as it was, really showed all that much. There is no doubt they will give us hell, and, other than us, I hope they run the table.
You have to play a perfect game to beat Clempson in Death Valley.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
If you can't see Clemson's D is killer then I don't know what you're watching. Clemson does not miss open field tackles and when they hit you, you go down right there and not 2 yards forward. There are maybe 5 teams in the country you can say that about. I don't think they'll miss Watson as though as much as they'll miss Mike Williams. Bryant is a slight downgrade but still a good replacement for Watson. Williams made that team championship caliber.
Auburn is stout defensively but Clemson was impressive tonight. They looked championship caliber on D tonight.
I quit watching UGa-ND at halftime. I had a bad feeling about that. Never been a Brian Kelly fan and he undercoached Smart tonight.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Pitt, our next opponent, plays Oklahoma State this Saturday, 12pm ET on ESPN.

Something to watch:
Red zone among top issues facing Pitt offense
So far this season, the Panthers have been below average in that area, with five touchdowns and two field goals on 10 trips inside the 20. That total scoring rate - scores on 70% of the team’s red zone drives - ranks No. 111 nationally, but the real problem isn’t total scoring; it’s touchdowns.

Pitt’s five touchdowns on 10 drives - a 50% touchdown rate - is tied for No. 89 in the nation. Obviously it’s early in the season and the sample size is small (17 other teams have a 50% touchdown rate right now, too, but the Panthers aren’t currently prolific or explosive enough on offense to survive on a 50% touchdown rate.