ACC Discussion 2017

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Any chance the ACC gets two in the playoff?
If Miami and Clemson win their next two games, and Miami loses a close game to Clemson, I think they will still be in. But, a lot depends on what happens elsewhere. I can incision a scenario where no SEC team makes it in: GT beats uga, Auburn beats Bama, and uga beats Auburn in the SECCG. Bama might stay in, but they would be behind Miami or Clemson in that case. I am curious about how the CFP committee is going to treat Wisconsin, who has played virtually no one this season and whether Michigan is good enough to win out. And, is Oklahoma in if they lose to TCU?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If Miami and Clemson win their next two games, and Miami loses a close game to Clemson, I think they will still be in. But, a lot depends on what happens elsewhere. I can incision a scenario where no SEC team makes it in: GT beats uga, Auburn beats Bama, and uga beats Auburn in the SECCG. Bama might stay in, but they would be behind Miami or Clemson in that case. I am curious about how the CFP committee is going to treat Wisconsin, who has played virtually no one this season and whether Michigan is good enough to win out. And, is Oklahoma in if they lose to TCU?
Danny Sheridan said Guz Malzahn would probably be fired if Auburn loses to Alabama.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What if Miami loses to Clemson in the ACCCG but they are the only one loss team in the country besides Clemson?
I think there is too much pressure from all the other conferences to avoid 2 picks from out league unless there is just such an overwhelming case that no one can argue....if there is even a chance of avoiding two picks from the ACC, the committee will take it.

PS- this is not picking on the ACC, I think the same would be true of every conference. Too much pressure to spread the money around rather than let any one league rake it in.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What if Miami loses to Clemson in the ACCCG but they are the only one loss team in the country besides Clemson?
I think it's possible, but Ohio state and Auburn might make it with two losses if they win their conference.

I think the playoffs might end up like this.
1)Oklahoma
2)Clemson
3)Auburn
4)Ohio state

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I think there is too much pressure from all the other conferences to avoid 2 picks from out league unless there is just such an overwhelming case that no one can argue....if there is even a chance of avoiding two picks from the ACC, the committee will take it.

PS- this is not picking on the ACC, I think the same would be true of every conference. Too much pressure to spread the money around rather than let any one league rake it in.

Just another example of why the CFP needs to be 8 teams - Conf Champ of each P5 and 3 at large.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Every game matters in college football. We don't need college football to be more like the pros. CFP is just fine at 4 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk