ACC Discussion 2017

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So if Miami losses a close game to Clemson in the ACCCG do they still make the playoffs? Two one loss teams (if they both win out) in the top conference.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
So if Miami losses a close game to Clemson in the ACCCG do they still make the playoffs? Two one loss teams (if they both win out) in the top conference.
I could see it happening. If Auburn wins the SEC, TCU the Big 8, OhioSt the Big 10, and Washington the PAC, all could have two losses.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know how they can do that though even though I believe they might. If they aren't good enough to play for their conference championship so how fan they play for a national one?

If anything a 1 loss Miami to Clemson in the conference championship would be more deserving than a 1 loss Alabama who doesn't make their conference championship.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think if Clemson beats Miami Clemson will make the FBS Playoffs and Miami will left out stuck playing UGAG or Auburn in the Orange Bowl. I think Miami will get a lot of buildup in 2018 and they will not be left out of the Playoffs in 2018.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Unless USCe beats Clemson, the winner of the ACCCG is almost certain to be in the CFP. I could see a situation where both make it. Both need to win their two final games, then have a very close Clemson win on Dec 2.

The same scenario could play out in the SEC. Assuming uga and Bama both win out and uga wins a tight game against Bama, they could both make it.

There certainly scenarios where none of the three make it:
We beat uga and uga soundly defeats Bama in the SECCG.
USCe beats Clemson and then crushes Miami.

Its unlikely that these things will happen, but they are possible.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Auburn is out IMO unless they smash Bama and UGA again. Bama will Ohio State (It’s now a verb in my book) Auburn if Auburn wins out. The only possible scenario I can see where Bama doesn’t get in is if Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Georgia win out. That would create a Wisconsin-UGA-Oklahoma-Miami/Clemson playoff. Wisconsin loses a game and the Big10 will be left out for Bama.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Auburn is out IMO unless they smash Bama and UGA again. Bama will Ohio State (It’s now a verb in my book) Auburn if Auburn wins out. The only possible scenario I can see where Bama doesn’t get in is if Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Georgia win out. That would create a Wisconsin-UGA-Oklahoma-Miami/Clemson playoff. Wisconsin loses a game and the Big10 will be left out for Bama.

Would it not be a strategic move for Alabama to lose to Auburn? What good is another SEC title? They are already banged up a good bit and would do them some good to get healthy as a title run approaches.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's the 2018 GT football schedule however most of the dates and times haven't been set.:cool: Looking ahead ,with the 2017 season nearing it's end, here's how I think the season may go with me being the Gold and White optimist that I am.;)

Alcorn State W
@South Florida L
@Pitt W
@North Carolina W
Miami L
Clemson L
@Louisville W (I think Loserville will have a new head coach and starting quarterback in 2018)
Duke W (Duke will have a new head coach in 2018 I believe)
@Virginia Tech L
Bowling Green W
Virginia W
@UGAG W (UGAG is going to miss Nick Chubb and Sony Michel in 2018 and will slip back a bit in 2018)

I think GT goes 8-4 and possibly makes a trip back to the Taxslayer Gator Bowl;)

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's the 2018 GT football schedule however most of the dates and times haven't been set.:cool: Looking ahead ,with the 2017 season nearing it's end, here's how I think the season may go with me being the Gold and White optimist that I am.;)

Alcorn State W
@South Florida L
@Pitt W
@North Carolina W
Miami L
Clemson L
@Louisville W (I think Loserville will have a new head coach and starting quarterback in 2018)
@Virginia Tech L
Bowling Green W
Virginia W
@UGAG W (UGAG is going to miss Nick Chubb and Sony Michel in 2018 and will slip back a bit in 2018)

I think GT goes 8-4 and possibly makes a trip back to the Taxslayer Gator Bowl;)
Georgia Tech is not gonna lose to South Florida.....They have some like 26 seniors and most are starters. Next year USF is gonna be young and inexperienced.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck

Alcorn State W
@South Florida L
@Pitt W
@North Carolina W
Miami L
Clemson L
@Virginia Tech L
Bowling Green W
Virginia W

What no optimism facing Miami and Clemson at home? And yeah like TampaBuzz said, we're playing USF and Louisville at the perfect time after they both lose their dynamic Qb's Quinton Flowers and Lamar Jackson. (Credit for beating them before pundits realize they aren't as good.)

Barring too much off-season attrition, next year's schedule sets up extremely well for us.