ACC Bowl Action

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Does DRad have a son on the Clemson team? I just saw Radokovich on a Clemson jersey

He's a graduate transfer from Mercer and DRad's son. I found below on the Mercer 2015 roster page:

PERSONAL: Born on Feb. 19, 1994 to parents Dan and Marcie Radakovich in Newport Beach, Calif. … Has one brother, Christian… Father, Dan, is the Athletic Director at Clemson University … Chose Mercer because of the combination of academics and athletics … Majoring in finance.

He's a graduate transfer from Mercer and DRad's son. I found below on the Mercer 2015 roster page:

PERSONAL: Born on Feb. 19, 1994 to parents Dan and Marcie Radakovich in Newport Beach, Calif. … Has one brother, Christian… Father, Dan, is the Athletic Director at Clemson University … Chose Mercer because of the combination of academics and athletics … Majoring in finance.
Thanks. A Clemson friend confirmed it and also said Venables' son has committed to Clemson

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The NFL Scouts from what i've read on a Mock NFL Draft website have soured on Watson and he could be drafted in the 2nd-3rd round of the NFL Draft. The Walterfootball.com website has Mitch Trubisky being drafted #2 by the 49'ers.
Anybody drafting Watson outside of 1-3 in the first round is a moron, even in a mock draft, and that was before he dissected OSU lst night. Moreover, if he projects later than 3rd he won't be going and maybe not even at three.. He will be back at Clemson. People keep thinking he has declared but he hasn't. He is a really smart kid, very well advised and heavily insured --millions tax free if he is hurt -- sees another final four run if he comes back, and enjoys Clemson. But mostly it will be about money and staying might make him more money.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The NFL Scouts from what i've read on a Mock NFL Draft website have soured on Watson and he could be drafted in the 2nd-3rd round of the NFL Draft. The Walterfootball.com website has Mitch Trubisky being drafted #2 by the 49'ers.
Depending on need and who drafts, Tribisky is from nearby Mentor, a suburb community just up IS90 and the Browns being the Browns being the Browns will probably pick him just because. Because Cleveland now does everything just because.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Really great that the ACC went 8-3. Love to see Bama finally lose one. Heard on ESPN this morning that Lame Kitten may be thrown out of Bama before next week. Apparently made defensive changes away from what was working ..... and is going to coach (and destroy) another team.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if Stoops regrets firing Venables to hire his brother for DC. I think Oklahoma gave up over 40 4 times this year
I get family and all that, but that was a classically stupid decision. But it showed Venables. He went to Clemson, doubled his money, and now is in his second straight NC game. Though I still think he will stroke out on the sideline one night.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Anybody drafting Watson outside of 1-3 in the first round is a moron, even in a mock draft, and that was before he dissected OSU lst night. Moreover, if he projects later than 3rd he won't be going and maybe not even at three.. He will be back at Clemson. People keep thinking he has declared but he hasn't. He is a really smart kid, very well advised and heavily insured --millions tax free if he is hurt -- sees another final four run if he comes back, and enjoys Clemson. But mostly it will be about money and staying might make him more money.

If I were a NFL scout I would be very concerned with Watson's decision making skills especially in the redzone. He has turned it over in the redzone a lot this year. He is still the best QB this year but I believe even in the blow out last night he hurt his draft stock with the picks again.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Isn't Kiffin the OC?

Yup, my bad. Saban is effectively the DC. But what I heard is that Bama stopped running up the middle and got fancy (and less effective) in the second half. I stopped watching since it seemed a foregone conclusion and I had enough football yesterday with Clemson at night planned.

One thing I have to say is that CPJ has made some other SEC coaches look silly and incompetent this year. Compared to other coaches, we are really fortunate. Nothing like being able to execute a plan. Winning cures most problems.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Really great that the ACC went 8-3. Love to see Bama finally lose one. Heard on ESPN this morning that Lame Kitten may be thrown out of Bama before next week. Apparently made defensive changes away from what was working ..... and is going to coach (and destroy) another team.
Lame will probably be fired by 2019 and will wind up an offensive coordinator somewhere else.