Week 1 of ACC action.

ND at Ga Tech
UVA at UNC
BC at Va Tech
Wake at Duke
Pitt at FSU
NC State at Miami

Thoughts:
- Only ONE intra-divisional series (UVA / UNC)
- Coastal hosts the Atlantic 4 of 5 inter-divisional series
- In the "way too early" scoreboard watching game, I'll hope Atlantic beats Coastal (except in Atlanta) and no sweep in UVA/UNC series.

Two teams still playing out-of-conference series:
Dayton at Louisville
Ga State at Clemson

The ACC has 2 of the 3 remaining unbeaten teams in D1:
UVA
NC State
Alabama

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
If D1s rankings reflect reality, Ga Tech's schedule is not overly difficult. Three of these teams are not on the schedule & none of our OOC opponents are in Top25 today... although, I'm sure a few could be knocking at door.

As much as I'd love to see a number next to our name, they're right. We don't really have many big wins to hang our hat on. This week will be an opportunity - a solid OOC vs Auburn and a big time series vs Lville.

Honestly, I'm more surprised BC isn't ranked. They just took the series in Blacksburg, and have a midweek win over Tennessee to compliment their 12-2 record.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
As much as I'd love to see a number next to our name, they're right. We don't really have many big wins to hang our hat on. This week will be an opportunity - a solid OOC vs Auburn and a big time series vs Lville.

Honestly, I'm more surprised BC isn't ranked. They just took the series in Blacksburg, and have a midweek win over Tennessee to compliment their 12-2 record.

While I don’t disagree with your points here, not like VPI, NCSU, or UNC have any big wins either. Hell UNC has already lost 2 weekend series.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
While I don’t disagree with your points here, not like VPI, NCSU, or UNC have any big wins either. Hell UNC has already lost 2 weekend series.
Just enjoy the SEC model. You get 2/3 of your teams ranked, then nobody ever drops out of the ranking because they’re all losing to other ranked teams. Strength of schedule explodes. In the rare event a ranked team loses too much, there’s another SEC team there to take its place. They play either really weak OOC games so their winning percentage stays high or other big name teams to buffer the losses and cycle continues.

Killerbees🐝

Georgia Tech Fan

Very cold weather this weekend in Louisville. Showing 38 as a high Sunday

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
This weekend's action is the second of conference play for most teams (Lville and Clemson both played OOC last weekend). No one swept, and no one was swept, so it was a whole lot of 1-2s and 2-1s. No one is too far behind.

UVA (3-1) @ NCSU (1-3) - We want the pack to win as many as they can. Series started yesterday, UVA won game #1.
UNC (1-2) @ Pitt (1-2) - Both teams enter the weekend at 1-2, but UNC scares me more. Go Pitt, but no sweeps.
Duke (1-2) @ Clemson (0-0) - Go Atlantic!
VT (1-2) @ Miami (2-1) - Despite the rankings, I think Miami is the better team, and will be a bigger challenge in the standings later on. Go hokies.
GT (2-1) @ Lville (0-0) - I hope we run-rule them three straight days.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I predict
@FSU over BC. BC living on a prayer. (tic)
UVa over @NCSt. (they already have so take it to the bank.)
UNC over @Pitt. Pitt good consistently, LOL.
No opinion Duke / @Clemson. Hopefully both lose. But @Clemson if I have to pick.
@Miami over VT. Chokies rule. Miami too much talent.
@L'Ville over us. Ice bowl.
@Wake over ND. No mas is what ND will say.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Looks like to me... 12-18 gets us in the ACC Tournament. 11-19 might.

Need to get passed one of: Pitt or NC State.

Assuming no weather cancellations, both NC State and Pitt will have played fewer ACC games than Ga Tech. Therefore, we must finish with at least 1 more win than each of those teams to end up above either of them in the standings. Each of us has 8 wins right now with 3 series remaining.

Pitt series is really make or break. Good news... it's at home. Bad news... it comes at end of finals week. :)

Louisville is within reach too... but not so much. Will need to win more than them as well because they own a tiebreaker over us.