ACC 2023-2024

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am watching Louisville and Arkansas State and I can’t believe this is Louisville. There is nobody on that team that looks like any kind of difference maker or any better than any Arkansas State player. And they have made multiple really basic mistakes trying to run a defensive system. I knew it was bad looking at the record but this is real bad

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My actual reaction to reading they lost..

The Office What GIF

Gahdayum, man. That once proud program is in a world of ..... wait for it ..... Payne.

Savage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My actual reaction to reading they lost..

The Office What GIF

Gahdayum, man. That once proud program is in a world of ..... wait for it ..... Payne.

Savage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
With just over three minutes left ASU was ahead by 20. From that point they simply road the clock to get out of Louisville. UL looks like they have a couple of decent players, but they have no clue on offense. If I was on the AA board I would fire Payne now and get someone in house who can keep the few good players from jumping ship.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Arkansas State is one thing, among a pattern of inexcusable L's.

Tights, or lack thereof, is another.

And now this:
A little over an hour later, U of L SID Zach Greenwell put out an extremely brief statement revealing that Davis had informed the school that he intends to transfer.

“University of Louisville junior guard Koron Davis has informed the program that he intends to transfer. We support him and wish him well in the future.”
"I didn’t express to anyone at U of Louisville that I wanted to transfer. I never asked to transfer. I enjoy being a Cardinal. The fact an official statement was released giving false information is disheartening and sad."

— Koron Davis (@KoronDavis) December 13, 2023

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The Louisville situation is fascinating to me. It's inconceivably bad. And it was a hire that was widely celebrated as a no-brainer and met with a ton of fanfare.

Yet here they are. Every game Payne coaches from here on out increases the heat on the AD as well. Inaction is going to be perceived as negligence. Unless there are extenuating circumstances that I don't see (e.g., a payout cliff in the contract at some point in time this year).

Some good Schadenfreude on their board if you need a distraction today
As low as we’ve been, we’ve never thought it could be worse. We never thought it get this ugly. Today I think was the final nail.

The Koron Davis embarrassment. Losing to a terrible team. And in front of an empty arena.

Why is it rock bottom? Because I think we’ve checked out. We’re numb to it now. It doesn’t shock us. And no one is pretending that we need to let the cake bake.

We’ll be here until KP is fired. But then the sun will come out again
I have just watched the poorest exhibition of basketball that I've seen in 65 years of following the sport. No cohesion, no direction, no effort, no heart.

I formerly thought that the players would eventually figure it out and find a way to win 20 games, despite KP. LMAO They will struggle to win 10.

I am out. At least until the dumpster fire is over.
Rock bottom, we have learned, has no bottom. We keep sinking to new, historic levels.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Louisville situation is fascinating to me. It's inconceivably bad. And it was a hire that was widely celebrated as a no-brainer and met with a ton of fanfare.

Yet here they are. Every game Payne coaches from here on out increases the heat on the AD as well. Inaction is going to be perceived as negligence. Unless there are extenuating circumstances that I don't see (e.g., a payout cliff in the contract at some point in time this year).

amy poehler lol GIF by Saturday Night Live

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I watched the UL game last night out of curiosity more than real interest in the game. UL is awful on offense and merely bad defensively. Granted, they may actually be worse than they appeared last night. Afterall, they were playing a team with 3 wins this year. Their previous defeat was at the hands of one-win DePaul.

UL is one of college basketball's blue blood programs. I think you could make the case that the #1 rivalry in college hoops is the Louisville v. Kentucky game.

I agree with your choice of words. It is inconceivably bad that UL is where they are.