ACC 2023-2024

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It really makes you appreciate the job CDS did to retain and attract talent this offseason. Micah Shrewsberry not only lost JJ Starling and Cormac Ryan but replaced them with mid-major talent. Notre Dame is BAD BAD this season.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
ESPN has a great doubleheader on tonight.

#21 Duke is hosting #10 Baylor (This game is essentially a tossup)
#11 UNC is slight favorite in Charlotte v. undefeated #7 Oklahoma

Last edited:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As a team, I would like to obliterate Duke every time we step on the court.

Someone on Duke Basketball Report is doing a decent job covering the rest of the ACC, though.

So, *#%! Duke, but I’ll hold my nose and share this article
Actually, I agree that he does a good job covering the ACC. I don't expect the Duke Report to be GT fanboys and I think FSU probably does see our game in Tallahassee as a winnable game. That did not bother me.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
ESPN has a great doubleheader on tonight.

#21 Duke is hosting #10 Baylor (This game is essentially a tossup)
#11 UNC is slight favorite in Charlotte v. undefeated #7 Oklahoma
Two good games. The ACC prevailed in both. Also, Pitt and NC State also beat lesser opponenets. Asweep for the conference.

Jay Bilas said something during the Duke game that made a ton of sense. These OOC games for the middle and lower ACC teams are very important for teams like Duke and Carolina. Once the conference schedule begins, it helps the top half of the conference if the lower half have performed better OOC. Duke doesn't get helped by beating teams that are way down in the rankings.

So, looking at the ACC standings (and overall records) you see three teams struggling. But these are some ugly losses elsewhere (out Umass-Lowell & Cincinnatii games for example).
Our upcoming games in Hawaii are very important for the conference.

TEAMCONFGBOVR
Clemson1-0-9-1
Virginia1-0-9-2
Miami1-0-8-2
NC State1-0-8-3
North Carolina1-0-8-3
Virginia Tech1-0-8-3
Georgia Tech1-0-6-3
Wake Forest0-00.57-3
Pittsburgh0-119-3
Boston College0-118-3
Duke0-118-3
Syracuse0-118-3
Florida State0-115-5
Louisville0-115-6
Notre Dame0-114-7

slugboy

Staff member
Two good games. The ACC prevailed in both. Also, Pitt and NC State also beat lesser opponenets. Asweep for the conference.

Jay Bilas said something during the Duke game that made a ton of sense. These OOC games for the middle and lower ACC teams are very important for teams like Duke and Carolina. Once the conference schedule begins, it helps the top half of the conference if the lower half have performed better OOC. Duke doesn't get helped by beating teams that are way down in the rankings.

So, looking at the ACC standings (and overall records) you see three teams struggling. But these are some ugly losses elsewhere (out Umass-Lowell & Cincinnatii games for example).
Our upcoming games in Hawaii are very important for the conference.

TEAMCONFGBOVR
Clemson1-0-9-1
Virginia1-0-9-2
Miami1-0-8-2
NC State1-0-8-3
North Carolina1-0-8-3
Virginia Tech1-0-8-3
Georgia Tech1-0-6-3
Wake Forest0-00.57-3
Pittsburgh0-119-3
Boston College0-118-3
Duke0-118-3
Syracuse0-118-3
Florida State0-115-5
Louisville0-115-6
Notre Dame0-114-7
Notre Dame lost Brey. Payne is falling apart at Louisville. How did FSU end up struggling?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Notre Dame lost Brey. Payne is falling apart at Louisville. How did FSU end up struggling?
Of the three, FSU is the best team. They lost to UNC in CH by eight after being up 14 in the 1st half. They lost to uga by 2 at home. They beat #18 Colorado. But their relatively easy OOC schedule hasn't been easy for them. A 16-point loss to USF at home hurts them a lot. All that aside, Kenpom has them at 97 and us at 124. Those ugly losses will haunt us for a while.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Yikes, that's really bad as a conference! Not going to get many teams in the NCAAT with those rankings. Hard to move up once ACC play starts!
No worries, for the selection committee, a loss to a good ACC basketball team just means more..... I've heard that somewhere before.....