ACC 2023-2024

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Didn’t see a thread for ACC discussion this season. Was cracking up at this last night.

That's hilarious but I would be royally pissed if that burned us. That ain't the announcers' job, man. Stay in yo' lane, Cor(e)y.

Shouldn't there be a rule that (a) refs can only use "official" replays but that (b) all broadcasts be available in those "official" replays? Semantics but would avoid something like that happening. What if the home broadcast got a call overturned based off a camera view the road broadcast didn't have? That would be a mess.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah, it is better to just get the calls right. It is not good for the entire TV audience to see that the officials have the call wrong. It makes the officials and the integrity of the game look bad for them to have less info than the TV audience.

I get Tony Bennett's frustration, but he is the biased one in this scenario.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah, it is better to just get the calls right. It is not good for the entire TV audience to see that the officials have the call wrong. It makes the officials and the integrity of the game look bad for them to have less info than the TV audience.

I get Tony Bennett's frustration, but he is the biased one in this scenario.
Imagine **** Vitale calling an official over in a game with us against Duke to help Duke get a call. Now give your opinion on an announcer getting involved

slugboy

Staff member
BC was happy to eke out a win against the Citadel.

Is this a year with a lot of ACC teams in the tourney, or just UVA, UNC, Duke, Miami, and someone else?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I watched a good bit of the Tennessee - Syracuse game today at the Maui tournament. Cuse does not appear to be a great shooting team. Very aggressive offensively, but Tenn denied them clean shots. Tenn dominated the boards on both ends. The final margin (73-56) was about the largest Tenn lead. Chris Bell will be tough matchup for us. 6-7 and very quick. Has a bigger role this year.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Alexander is the absolute worst announcer. Know everything, talks about everything but the game. Personally, I like the female announcer. What's her name?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Alexander is the absolute worst announcer. Know everything, talks about everything but the game. Personally, I like the female announcer. What's her name?
Did you notice who was one of the studio analysts at halftime? None other than our own Josh Partner. I thought he sounded pretty good. A bit more reserved than we are used to hearing. And very clean cut. Shorter hair and I think the sideburns have disappeared.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yesterday was a tough day for the ACC. Cuse lost to Tenn by 17 , UL lost at home to Indiana by 8, and #24 UVA was destroyed by unranked Wisconsin 65-41.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Yesterday was a tough day for the ACC. Cuse lost to Tenn by 17 , UL lost at home to Indiana by 8, and #24 UVA was destroyed by unranked Wisconsin 65-41.
ACC BB has been struggling for several years now. Carolina had a good run 2 years ago but league depth of top tier National teams isn't what we were accustomed to for so long. Not off to a good start this year it seems.