ACC 2023-2024

slugboy

Staff member
I am terrified that they will beat us 😱
I guess. We had the talent to blow away UGA, but played a horrendous game. We can lose to teams we should beat.
I’m not saying UGA is horrible, but they played badly enough in that game that on an average day we should have won that game comfortably.
On the other hand, we have top 25 conference games on the schedule, and I’m not writing them off.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The UGA game was as much about the situation as talent. We came off two back-to-back wins and were fat / happy and juicy targets.

Play again or put the A&M game in between, and I’d be willing to bet it’s a much different game. That said, I wouldn’t sleep on UGA hoops either. They’re rising as quickly as us.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
The UGA game was as much about the situation as talent. We came off two back-to-back wins and were fat / happy and juicy targets.

Play again or put the A&M game in between, and I’d be willing to bet it’s a much different game. That said, I wouldn’t sleep on UGA hoops either. They’re rising as quickly as us.
Agree that our guys were probably riding high and were maybe unfocused, but u(sic)ga looked pretty crappy and did nothing to actually win that game. It should have been a comfortable win for GT based on talent. But, you’ve gotta play the games…

Side note, I also think the road atmosphere could have affected our team unfortunately. The box score said attendance was over 9k. I’m sure that was tickets sold and not butts in seats, but still. Kinda sad that they average over double our attendance and their fanbase, in general, doesn’t give a crap about hoops.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Agree that our guys were probably riding high and were maybe unfocused, but u(sic)ga looked pretty crappy and did nothing to actually win that game. It should have been a comfortable win for GT based on talent. But, you’ve gotta play the games…

Side note, I also think the road atmosphere could have affected our team unfortunately. The box score said attendance was over 9k. I’m sure that was tickets sold and not butts in seats, but still. Kinda sad that they average over double our attendance and their fanbase, in general, doesn’t give a crap about hoops.
Currently UGA is 3-1 against the ACC. Wins over GT, Wake and FSU with a loss to Miami. Their other 2 losses are to solid Oregon and Providence teams. They appear better than you think.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Woulda coulda shoulda - they won by 14 points. They were the better team that game by a significant margin!
Doesn't seem like you watched the game. They were not the better team. They were the better shooting team. Not lamenting the loss or making excuses, but uga wasn't good. We couldn't get anything close to fall. It is what it is. We didn't hit our wide-open shots, that's on us.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I watched the game...sure looked like a bunch of hurries and odd arcs to me. It doesn't matter. We lost. Learn, improve, and move on.
I’ll rewatch the first half. You may be right. Seemed to me at the time that we were just clanging it. Wouldn’t be the first time the rims were unforgiving in the stegosaurus.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you like ACC basketball, park thyself in front of your TV on this cold, rainy day and watch some hoops.

Noon - GT v. Penn St @ MSG in NYC PSU is a 2-point favorite. Why???
3 PM - #13 Clemson @ Memphis should be a great game
5:30 PM - #9 UNC v. #14 Kentucky in Atlnata ditto
10 PM - NC State v. #12 Tennessee in San Antonio

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you like ACC basketball, park thyself in front of your TV on this cold, rainy day and watch some hoops.

Noon - GT v. Penn St @ MSG in NYC PSU is a 2-point favorite. Why???
3 PM - #13 Clemson @ Memphis should be a great game
5:30 PM - #9 UNC v. #14 Kentucky in Atlnata ditto
10 PM - NC State v. #12 Tennessee in San Antonio
The ACC came within one iffy call of being shutout in these four games yesterday. There were great games to watch, including the Purdue-Arizona Top Five matchup.

slugboy

Staff member
The ACC came within one iffy call of being shutout in these four games yesterday. There were great games to watch, including the Purdue-Arizona Top Five matchup.
UVA won a 2 point squeaker against Northeastern and Miami and Pitt both had easy games.
Clemson’s undefeated record is gone—first loss of the season.

slugboy

Staff member
Arizona, Clemson, and Baylor lost yesterday. Only four three undefeated teams remain
Houston and Oklahoma in B12
Ole Miss in the SEC

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Arizona, Clemson, and Baylor lost yesterday. Only four three undefeated teams remain
Houston and Oklahoma in B12
Ole Miss in the SEC
And, no one thinks any of those three are going to remain undefeated.

Houston has not yet played a ranked team and won't until late January. Oklahoma has played one ranked team (a 2-point win), but faces UNC on Wednesday in Charlotte. Ole Miss also has not played a ranked team. They do have a narrow win over Memphis (they're in the also getting votes category), then play Tennessee right after the New Year. But not another ranked team until February.

slugboy

Staff member
And, no one thinks any of those three are going to remain undefeated.

Houston has not yet played a ranked team and won't until late January. Oklahoma has played one ranked team (a 2-point win), but faces UNC on Wednesday in Charlotte. Ole Miss also has not played a ranked team. They do have a narrow win over Memphis (they're in the also getting votes category), then play Tennessee right after the New Year. But not another ranked team until February.
Does it seem like the unbeaten teams are thinning out faster this season?