Absurdly Early 2024 Predictions

How many regular season games does Tech win in 2024?

• 4 or less

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We are going to shock FSU in Ireland next season! I predict 7-8 regular season wins (winning one we shouldn’t and vice-versa), and then hopefully a bowl win to get us to 8-9.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Might be adding NC St to that list as well. Armstrong has to be done, right? And MJ Morris has shut it down for the season leading to portal speculation.
NCST has been good under Doren. Six of the past 7 years they have won at least 8 games. Missed that mark the Covid year. That surprised me. I don’t remember the last time we played them

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
NCST has been good under Doren. Six of the past 7 years they have won at least 8 games. Missed that mark the Covid year. That surprised me. I don’t remember the last time we played them

Agreed. In my mind at least it feels like they have always given us a hard time. Was surprised to see that we've apparently done pretty well against them in recent history winning 3 out of the last four (including 2 out of 3 over Doeren-lead teams) and 8 of 12 going back to 2000.

Don't know that any of that means anything for our 2023 matchup though. I was just thinking they may be another team on the lengthy list of teams we play next year that will be breaking in new QBs. Throw in Syracuse and potentially Duke breaking in new HCs and things could be lining up for a special run next year if we can continue to improve with the extra practices and fend off the poachers during portal season.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Schedule is not as tough as it looks with all the teams breaking in a new QB that we’ll play. 4 of our 5 toughest opponents on paper will have new QBs, with a chance that all 6 of our toughest opponents will have new QBs:
- FSU (Jordan Travis, RS Senior)
- Louisville (Jack Plummer, Grad Senior)
- Notre Dame (Sam Hartman, Grad Senior)
- UNC (Drake Maye, RS Sophomore but 95% going to NFL)
- Maybe uga (Carson Beck, RS Junior to NFL)
- Maybe Miami (Tyler Van Dyke, RS Junior to NFL)

We play FSU week 0 so that bodes well for us (of course now their backup will get some playing time so maybe not as big of an advantage as it otherwise would’ve been). Hopefully we get Louisville and UNC early too while their new QBs are still taking some lumps.

I’m still riding a high off of clinching bowl eligibility, so I’ll say 8 wins, with one of those being over ND or FSU. Would be ok with 7, less than that would be a step back imo

Yeah. We very well might have the best QB in the conference next year. I definitely think 8-9 wins is very doable.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. We very well might have the best QB in the conference next year. I definitely think 8-9 wins is very doable.
That really depends on “can we significantly” improve our defense. They are a major weakness for our team. Sure hope we can. Hard to win 8-9 games giving up 30+ points per game.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
On the bright side, we’ll be ranked for the first time since early 2015 if we can pull off the Miracle in Dublin.

It’s a really brutal schedule but the ACC swings so much year to year that it’s hard to make a prediction at this point. Do we return most of our starting OL? HK has great pocket presence plus they’ve been fantastic aside from the Clemson game.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Who do we keep and who do we get in the portal? Who is DC? So many unknowns so as to be even more way too early than in the past.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The schedule next year looks brutal.

Without looking at graduations for any of these teams and having no crystal ball for transfer portal moves, here's what I see:

2 "Likely" wins (Georgia State, VMI)
3 "Probable" wins (Duke, Syracuse, VT)
2 "Toss Ups" (UNC, Miami)
2 "Probable" losses (NCSU, Louisville)(one caveat: we play State at BDS)
3 "Likely" losses (FSU, ND, Georgia)

If the favored teams hold serve and we split the toss-ups, we finish 6-6. If we can shore up our D and our OL, 7-5 would be excellent, and 8-4 would be outstanding.

But even at 6-6, we will have strung two bowl seasons back-to-back. I'll be a bit disappointed but still feeling positive about the program.

What do you think?
At least we don't play Clemson, other than that it looks to be an uphill climb to a winning season but who knows what the portal and NIL will do to our roster and our opponents. It is next to impossible to extrapolate what a team will be like a year from now except for the factories. They will always be reloading not rebuilding.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
The schedule next year looks brutal.

Without looking at graduations for any of these teams and having no crystal ball for transfer portal moves, here's what I see:

2 "Likely" wins (Georgia State, VMI)
3 "Probable" wins (Duke, Syracuse, VT)
2 "Toss Ups" (UNC, Miami)
2 "Probable" losses (NCSU, Louisville)(one caveat: we play State at BDS)
3 "Likely" losses (FSU, ND, Georgia)

If the favored teams hold serve and we split the toss-ups, we finish 6-6. If we can shore up our D and our OL, 7-5 would be excellent, and 8-4 would be outstanding.

But even at 6-6, we will have strung two bowl seasons back-to-back. I'll be a bit disappointed but still feeling positive about the program.

What do you think?
Well, with Elko to Texas A&M, I feel like we can move the Duke game (at BDS) to "Likely," but I'm still uneasy about NCSU (home) and Louisville (away).

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
At least we don't play Clemson, other than that it looks to be an uphill climb to a winning season but who knows what the portal and NIL will do to our roster and our opponents. It is next to impossible to extrapolate what a team will be like a year from now except for the factories. They will always be reloading not rebuilding.
We just played UGAg straight up. The second year of the O should be much better. The D should be improved, too.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Curious as to why you think the Defense will improve. Maybe because it can’t be much worse.
That’s certainly part of it. Second, the rest of the team improved this season, so there’s hope for the D. Finally, we played a LOT of young players in D this season who improved over time. That trajectory also provides hope.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
That’s certainly part of it. Second, the rest of the team improved this season, so there’s hope for the D. Finally, we played a LOT of young players in D this season who improved over time. That trajectory also provides hope.
#44 was the only young guy who seemed to improve as the year progressed in my opinion.