Absurdly Early 2024 Predictions

How many regular season games does Tech win in 2024?

• 4 or less

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
The schedule next year looks brutal.

Without looking at graduations for any of these teams and having no crystal ball for transfer portal moves, here's what I see:

2 "Likely" wins (Georgia State, VMI)
3 "Probable" wins (Duke, Syracuse, VT)
2 "Toss Ups" (UNC, Miami)
2 "Probable" losses (NCSU, Louisville)(one caveat: we play State at BDS)
3 "Likely" losses (FSU, ND, Georgia)

If the favored teams hold serve and we split the toss-ups, we finish 6-6. If we can shore up our D and our OL, 7-5 would be excellent, and 8-4 would be outstanding.

But even at 6-6, we will have strung two bowl seasons back-to-back. I'll be a bit disappointed but still feeling positive about the program.

What do you think?

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
The schedule next year looks brutal.

Without looking at graduations for any of these teams and having no crystal ball for transfer portal moves, here's what I see:

2 "Likely" wins (Georgia State, VMI)
3 "Probable" wins (Duke, Syracuse, VT)
2 "Toss Ups" (UNC, Miami)
2 "Probable" losses (NCSU, Louisville)(one caveat: we play State at BDS)
3 "Likely" losses (FSU, ND, Georgia)

If the favored teams hold serve and we split the toss-ups, we finish 6-6. If we can shore up our D and our OL, 7-5 would be excellent, and 8-4 would be outstanding.

But even at 6-6, we will have strung two bowl seasons back-to-back. I'll be a bit disappointed but still feeling positive about the program.

What do you think?
I don't know why we'd characterize NC State as a probable loss. They're always solid, but always beatable. And, as you noted, that game is at home. I'd put that as a "probable" win.

Also, I think UNC might drift into a "probable" win if Drake Maye declares. Imagine that UNC defense without Howell/Maye covering their asses.

My analytical projection tells me 8 wins. My heart tells me 12-0 and that we'll beat u(sic)ga in the national championship right here in Atlanta. Wouldn't that be a dream...

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s too early to venture a guess. Will we be an underdog to free shoes? Probably… but what will the free shoes team look like?

How many of our opponents will have a new QB? I don’t think the schedule is as intimidating as it looks. My only gripe is that we’re probably the only P5 team that plays 5 home games, 5 away games, and 2 neutral site games. Sins of the past that we’ll have to deal with next year.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s too early to venture a guess. Will we be an underdog to free shoes? Probably… but what will the free shoes team look like?

How many of our opponents will have a new QB? I don’t think the schedule is as intimidating as it looks. My only gripe is that we’re probably the only P5 team that plays 5 home games, 5 away games, and 2 neutral site games. Sins of the past that we’ll have to deal with next year.
What a great home schedule it would be if we had ND and FSU at BDS!!! Thanks a lot Toad!

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Build on the UVA and Syracuse wins for closing the door on the should-wins. Win two of UNC, Miami, Louisville, NCST. 7 with a chance of a wildcard 8th or more. The FSU/ND/UGA lineup does the team no favors

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why we'd characterize NC State as a probable loss. They're always solid, but always beatable. And, as you noted, that game is at home. I'd put that as a "probable" win.

Also, I think UNC might drift into a "probable" win if Drake Maye declares. Imagine that UNC defense without Howell/Maye covering their asses.

My analytical projection tells me 8 wins. My heart tells me 12-0 and that we'll beat u(sic)ga in the national championship right here in Atlanta. Wouldn't that be a dream...
Hope you're right.

State is currently 8-3 with losses to ND, Louisville and then-ranked 17 Duke. They beat Clemson and Miami. But I'm okay with moving that to the "Toss Up" category.

As for UNC, I'd love to win that one, of course, but at some point, you have to figure that the other guy is going to exact some revenge. At it's a road game for us.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s crazy to think our offense is likely to take another leap forward, but with everyone returning and some portal help, chances are it will.
Especially excited about Jamal Haynes getting a full off season practicing RB (if I remember correctly, he was moved about a month before the season started)
Even if our defense stays rough around the edges, I would expect 6 wins.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Hard to predict anything before we see the portal losses/additions, both from our team and our opponents, as well as coaching turnover. Do any of our assistants get poached? Do any get fired? Who do we hire to replace them? Same thing goes for everyone else. It’s easy to say we’re returning 10 offensive starters, or whatever the number is, but how many of them actually return? Do we add starters from other teams? Would an offensive staff shakeup change our offensive outlook entirely?

I’d say no matter what anything less than 6 wins would be disappointing, and anything more than 8 would be awesome. Basically back to the Tech standard. I wouldn’t bother trying to pencil in W’s and L’s from specific games. We should know by now just by the nature of Georgia Tech and the ACC as a whole that nothing ever goes the way you think it should.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I picked 9+ (as long as we do not lose key guys to the portal) has anyone looked at our depth chart in comparison to the rest of the ACC? We will return the most starters and two deep by far

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nah. There is a pretty large range between 6-6 and 15-0. 8-4 would be a pretty good season and what I would expect in year two with the talent we have.
Just so we understand the risk here if you are wrong, if GT ends up 7-5, who has failed? GT for not meeting expectations or the person who confidently predicted 8-4? A lot is riding on this.;)